PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 10:53 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anti-virus for tp2 (& status bar on phone)

Hi everyone,

sorry but this is a 2 question post...if this has been posted on this forum before..i apologize for double posting...maybe the mods can transfer it to the correct thread...but...

1. What anti-virus (if any) do you use on your htc tp2? what can you say about it? trying to get a consensus of what everyone uses.

2. is there any way to put the status bar of the tp2 at the bottom of the screen, as opposed to the top? i found that during phone calls (sometimes), somehow my ear presses on the start button and it starts to launch programs that are on my start menu. at least that's the only explanation i can think of when i have to start closing out apps that are open after ending a call.

What say you ppcgeekers?!?!

(just an extra FYI....running stock rom on my phone still if that matters regarding answers to my questions.)

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 04-13-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: anti-virus for tp2 & status bar on phone

hahaha is there even an antivirus for the TP2

Old 12-18-2009, 11:21 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Tried a couple programs but never really needed it.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

also if u flash any of the sense 2.1 or 2.5 roms the and im sure the stock rom also where the proximity sensor turns the screen off when close to ur ear....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post

1. What anti-virus (if any) do you use on your htc tp2? what can you say about it? trying to get a consensus of what everyone uses.
I have played around with AV programs for the mobile world in the past, but honestly haven't found a real world need to ever implement them full time on my phone.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

barfly is becoming a great contributor

I use SMobile Security Shield (anti-virus and fw) Link. They just released a new version that was compatible w/ 6.5. This also has additional capabilities like find/lock/wipe phone (don't know if it works, but extra options aren't bad).

BTW, this was free from my work so like other posters I don't know if I would ever personally buy or need one.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:24 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you dont need anti virus..... hard reset would fix anything if ya actually got one.... I used airscanner a while back but realized ya dont need it with phones... im sure there out there but not very likely.......
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:26 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
you dont need anti virus..... hard reset would fix anything if ya actually got one.... I used airscanner a while back but realized ya dont need it with phones... im sure there out there but not very likely.......
Yes and no. Yes a hard reset will fix the infected phone, but no it would not fix anything...if you synced the infected file to your PC...and for some bizarre reason you had no AV on the PC...you've just potentially infected your PC. Same goes for e-mail.

We have to use Trend Micro PocketPC with our company phones. It does not seem to degrade performance much, if at all. I've forgotten to reinstall it occassionally after a flash and not really noticed any difference.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:34 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
also if u flash any of the sense 2.1 or 2.5 roms the and im sure the stock rom also where the proximity sensor turns the screen off when close to ur ear....
im aware that the sensor turns the screen off when you have the phone against your ear. any idea then why some programs open up by their own? it always opens the owner info screen, calendar and programs folder. it doesnt do it often...i'd say at least once every few days. and like i said in my original post, it somehow happens when im talking on the phone because when i close the phone screen, that's when all these screens are open all at the same time.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

did anyone here ever actually got a virus on their device? never heard of that yet. If the virus ever does migrate to pc via sync (that would be one hell of a virus- since i(or anyone i know) never sync files and i doubt it can mask as a contact/app/msg(no att) or call log) the pc av will get it and hard reset or new rom flash will effectively desinfect your phone.

When you can tether for free?: D

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
status bar, tp2 antivirus