PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: anti-virus for tp2 (& status bar on phone)

Just to feed your paranoia, I routinely scan and cabs or installers I get here with:

http://www.virustotal.com/

This does 42 different scans on your files and has come up with positives from this site. I did not install those cabs. Some of the positives may refer to the packing programs, I am not sure, but it is bothersome and as far as I could tell some were real viruses. I think you are at much more risk running an exe installer on your PC that alleges it installs a cab.

The best way to feed paranoia is to listen to the Security Now podcast on the TWIT network:

http://twit.tv/sn243

Listen to this and you will turn off Java scripting on your PC....
Old 04-15-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

now you got me thinking jerryyyyy. think i'll mosey on over to the first link you posted.

but a question regarding lookout though. since installing it, even though i terminate my data connection each time im done surfing the net, i noticed that after some time my phone has connected to data again by itself. it probably happens twice throughout the day. is lookout the culprit connecting to the data? phone never automatically connected 'til i installed lookout. anybody else using lookout having the same, for lack of a better word, issue?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nom303 is just getting started

i like this app. its an anti-virus, firewall, backs up and restores, and phone tracker.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Lookout_Installer1269538576.cab (576.1 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nom303 View Post
i like this app. its an anti-virus, firewall, backs up and restores, and phone tracker.
this isn't a virus is it???

Old 04-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
if it is all i have to say is "Oh the Irony"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 04-16-2010, 02:35 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
now you got me thinking jerryyyyy. think i'll mosey on over to the first link you posted.

but a question regarding lookout though. since installing it, even though i terminate my data connection each time im done surfing the net, i noticed that after some time my phone has connected to data again by itself. it probably happens twice throughout the day. is lookout the culprit connecting to the data? phone never automatically connected 'til i installed lookout. anybody else using lookout having the same, for lack of a better word, issue?
Lookout will connect to the internet on occasion, but I never worry about it. I think my data is on all day. I never shut it down. I don't have battery issues and I charge my phone every night anyway. I've never been big on shutting down data, even since my Mogul days.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinx View Post
if it is all i have to say is "Oh the Irony"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
I scanned it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
status bar, tp2 antivirus