PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Llamatronics is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: U.S. Cellular TP2 customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droseis View Post
Hello fellow USC TP2 users, just thought I would toss out there what I have done as well. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I have done most of the same mods as laymanspc and all have worked for me as well. One other that I would like to add however is adding in support for Widgets. For some reason it was pulled from the USC build of WM 6.5 (according to HTC). You can add this support back in by using the attached cab's. (I don't have the links to the threads that I got these from at the moment so I apologize to the developers of these fixes for not giving them their due).

The other fix was to add Manila2.1_AllUSACities.cab to add all of the US cities to the weather app. Without this the My Location will work for the cities not in the stock one however this will allow you to select others that are not in the stock one for the world clock and weather.

Other that these and the others already mentioned I am currently just running this one as stock.

Have fun
David
Thank you for posting this!! The AllUSA Cities thing was a HUGE help!!

My question though is about the Widgets thing - I installed both cabs - but can't seem to find anything it did... I kind of expected to see an ADD button on the internet tab or something.... Any help would be apreciated!!

PS - HTC TP2 ROCKS!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Lurker

Steen923 is a n00b

Speed up tips for the HTC TP2 from US Cellular? I noticed mine seems to freeze for a min or so and then eventually will run okay. Have any apps or something out there that I can put on my phone to periodically speed up my system? Thanks!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Lurker

Llamatronics is a n00b

Yes, cleanRAM works great for me! It has different levels of cleaning you can do - I usually have it at level 2. Hope that helps!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: us cellular

jokout is a n00b

has anyone here overclocked their TP2?
I have mine running OCT at 729 mhz and it really brings this phone to life!
Nice thing about this cab is it also underclocks the processor while idle so it increases battery life as well! I am staying a bit conservative with mine but some are running 800 Mhz successfully!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Lurker

Llamatronics is a n00b

Really? That sounds very interesting!! Where can I find the cab?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:29 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamatronics View Post
Really? That sounds very interesting!! Where can I find the cab?
Look in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...?highlight=oct
Old 11-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

USCell is offering TP2's for 50$ during November, you can even get one 2 day'd at there on line store for the same price. (mine took a header 2 weeks ago and this was cheaper than an insurance claim).

Also, have been OC'd at 748 for some time now, no problem.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: us cellular

jokout is a n00b

well, finally pulled the plug on my TP2...Sad to see it go but the writing was on the wall for me and the Belief project made it posible for me to get out of contract a month early and pick up a new Galaxy S Mesmerize for free with no contract commitment on USCs free phone promotion between Thanksgiving and Christmas!
I felt it was an amazing deal on an amazing phone so I really couldn't pass it up, so I will thank everyone here for all the help and guidance I have been so fortunate to receive while owning my TP2! Please know the help and info was VERY much appreciated!
Cheers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2