PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: uscc

dude420420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: U.S. Cellular TP2 customers.

Wondering if anyone has tried the Android software? I have it semi working. Can't get sound / text / data / phone / wifi / bluetooth working. I know most of it isn't working yet but i've seen people posting that at least sound and text is working. Any uscc users try this out and what did you use?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular
Threadstarter

laymanspc is keeping up the good worklaymanspc is keeping up the good work

uhhh, not I (on the android bit). too non-functional at this time, need the phone to work in full.

drtechno: I agree with most of your list, I prefer slide2shutdown (requires .NET 3.5). Also if you nab one of the 1% battery drivers (mine is a Sprint 1% driver available all over) from around here you can do away with those 10% jumps in battery level and can better tell when something starts sucking power.

I've actually started testing a few ROMs myself. Memory usage is much better in all the ROMs I've tried. I've had good luck with Energy and Mighty. There has always been a small hangup that prevented each ROM from being "just right for me and my needs".

I've had SMS&MMS messaging working just like stock in all the ROMs I've tried with none of the workarounds or disabling HTC messaging. See HERE for the server settings for MMS on ROMs that require it. ROMs that have improperly mapped the physical QWERTY's symbols I found installing the Sprint Keyboard Fix takes care of (available in the thread of any ROM that requires such fixes).

From what I can tell, all the 6.5 ROMs are based off of a 6.5 dump from a US Cellular phone (YAY USCC for being #1 with a 6.5 release), so making any of them work for us seems to be fairly straight-forward with less issues than many have. Our phones also are closest to the Sprint release than any of the others (although they have massive MMS issues, no issue with ours).

I'm currently running Mighty's IMPACT 12/28 and having a very smooth experience. Moreso than I had with WAR 12/30. EnergyROM MaxManila 12/25 was very nice as well, but too slow.

I'm currently running in IMPACT:
Slide2Shutdown
Snooze Options
File Explorer Extension
1% Sprint Battery Driver
tsowen 3v1.5 WM6.5 taskbar
Santods 2.5 clocks all work great in IMPACT
Top and Bottom curtain remove
Advanced Configuration Tool
Registry Editor
Worldcard (doesn't ship in MightyMike's ROMs, works fine off a storage card and saves phone space)
Palringo (other messengers all act too funky for me, I realize Palringo is a relay service, but it works well)
Santods 2.5 slider bubble

All of the above items work great on the stock ROM except Santods 2.5 clocks and 2.5 slider bubble (because the USCC stock ROM has manila 2.1).

**EDIT**after about 36 hours of steady smooth operation with no additions or changes, the phone locked up and wouldn't operate properly after several soft resets and uninstalling everything I'd installed. I can't afford to have a phone become non-operational half way through a day. I'm going to research a different ROM for daily use.

Last edited by laymanspc; 01-08-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started

Any of my fellow USCC/Tp2 guys have a crystal clock that works like it's supposed to? I can't seem to find one that doesn't have some issue on my phone...

[btw: stock wm6.5 rom w/ 2.1]

Last edited by chevy454; 01-07-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Micah247 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude420420 View Post
In regards to the tsowens taskbar did you have the sim card notification appear? I am on USCC with a tp2 and cant see to get rid of the icon.
Anyone found a fix that doesn't require installing a sim card as I currently do not have one?

Thanks
Old 01-07-2010, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: uscc

dude420420 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah247 View Post
Anyone found a fix that doesn't require installing a sim card as I currently do not have one?

Thanks
Yes a partial fix is located here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1259283468

It brings back the stock signal icon.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jhutchwi is a n00b

What Registry editor are you using?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular
Threadstarter

laymanspc is keeping up the good worklaymanspc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah247 View Post

Thanks
As stated earlier in the thread (please read, we don't need the same question a thousand times like other threads) just put any SIM in it. Steal one from an old expired prepaid phone or the likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude420420 View Post
Yes a partial fix is located here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1259283468

It brings back the stock signal icon.
Just so there is no confusion, that breaks some custom taskbars; user beware. Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhutchwi View Post
What Registry editor are you using?
PHM Registry Editor >> CLICK HERE
Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mxATVracer10 is a n00b

USCC Representin! lol Final day of the Black Friday sale TP2 getter here. I'm glad to see this thread because I've been looking into modding my phone but have been leary to try much for fear of bricking it. So thanks to the OP for starting this! Also thanks to drtechno for leading me to the answer for the "1 unread message" bug.

Is it just me or did US Cellular do it right and release the tp2 with most of the apps that other people were adding to their phones? It seems several of the add ons that I see in other threads are already on our phones, like the white tile clock, facebook and youtube apps, etc...

Anyone know how to remove a password requirement that was added when I synced my work email to the phone? I have removed the email account but am still required to unlock the phone after it sits idle for 15 minutes. The "Prompt if phone unused for" box in settings>all settings>lock is grayed out so I cannot uncheck it.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

chevy454 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
Any of my fellow USCC/Tp2 guys have a crystal clock that works like it's supposed to? I can't seem to find one that doesn't have some issue on my phone...

[btw: stock wm6.5 rom w/ 2.1]
Anyone running a crystal clock on a stock Wm6.5/2.1 ROM?
Old 01-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just found this thread a lot of good info here! I just put together my [Guide] USCC TP2 to EnergyROM

Check out let me know if there is anything missing or additions to help out future USCC
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2