PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US cellular

iceman0222 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: U.S. Cellular TP2 customers.

Hey guys, fellow USCell TP 2 user here, on the coustom roms... I have tried them all and some twice. Only ones that worked well for me was juicys and energys. mighty and others worked well but had a serious #777 cannot connect error. I would have to soft reset the phone to get data back... loved mightys rom but cant deal with having to soft reset every time i needed data, hope he fixes this as I would love to use his rom. I 2 have many mods and tweaks to post but am at work so I'll will chime in and post later... thnaks ...
Old 12-21-2009, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular
Threadstarter

laymanspc is keeping up the good worklaymanspc is keeping up the good work

Nice to see some action in the thread!

I can confirm that google maps does indeed work in the touch pro 2 from US Cellular. Worst case if things that should work, don't. Do a hard reset of the phone to factory default then try.

As for the battery charge app, I found using other miniUSB chargers from previous phones didn't put out quite as much juice as the one from HTC. I've found that app doesn't register a "last full charge" unless the phone has completely shut down and been fully charged with the HTC charger. Someone may be able to chime in with the exact specifics of it, but the above has been my experience.

Nice to see some folk trying the custom ROMs too!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

etphone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by laymanspc View Post
Nice to see some action in the thread!

I can confirm that google maps does indeed work in the touch pro 2 from US Cellular. Worst case if things that should work, don't. Do a hard reset of the phone to factory default then try.

As for the battery charge app, I found using other miniUSB chargers from previous phones didn't put out quite as much juice as the one from HTC. I've found that app doesn't register a "last full charge" unless the phone has completely shut down and been fully charged with the HTC charger. Someone may be able to chime in with the exact specifics of it, but the above has been my experience.

Nice to see some folk trying the custom ROMs too!
I've use the HTC factory charger from day one and mine has never showed any info in the battery charge app. That is so strange that some phones show info and some don't.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by etphone View Post
I've use the HTC factory charger from day one and mine has never showed any info in the battery charge app. That is so strange that some phones show info and some don't.

Have you ran the phone dead till it shut off, and fully charged it without turning it back on (till the light turns green)?

If so, then yes, truely is odd.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman0222 View Post
Hey guys, fellow USCell TP 2 user here, on the coustom roms... I have tried them all and some twice. Only ones that worked well for me was juicys and energys. mighty and others worked well but had a serious #777 cannot connect error. I would have to soft reset the phone to get data back... loved mightys rom but cant deal with having to soft reset every time i needed data, hope he fixes this as I would love to use his rom. I 2 have many mods and tweaks to post but am at work so I'll will chime in and post later... thnaks ...
my girl get that on the stock rom...

this was after flashing to mighty, back to stock.. can't shake that #777 crap..she is pretty irritated with it..

Anyone have a fix to stop needing to soft reset to reconnect data on uscc tp2?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Lurker
Carrier: US Cellular

jester87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
my girl get that on the stock rom...

this was after flashing to mighty, back to stock.. can't shake that #777 crap..she is pretty irritated with it..

Anyone have a fix to stop needing to soft reset to reconnect data on uscc tp2?
I dont have a fix, but Ive never had that issue running the mighty rom I can tell you after I installed it I did the hard reset and then a prl update
Old 12-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Carrier: us cellular

knightwolf1 is a n00b

hmm some reason cant get to pg 3 and stay signed in.... Anyway glad to see some uscc members hope this thread does some great stuff
Old 12-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

ewinny is a n00b

Google Maps:
Use the link below and install the cab file from the browser in your phone. Its works perfect for me.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2009/12/02/google-maps-for-windows-mobile-updated-to-v3-3/

I have done most of the same mods as laymanspc and all have worked for me as well. One other that I would like to add however is adding in support for Widgets. For some reason it was pulled from the USC build of WM 6.5 (according to HTC). You can add this support back in by using the attached cab's. (I don't have the links to the threads that I got these from at the moment so I apologize to the developers of these fixes for not giving them their due).

What sort of Widgets are available?

Just an FYI also, I found a Theme called Dark that worked pretty well. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96575
I dont have it installed anymore because of some other issue i was having but from what i remember everything worked.

Sweet thread btw. I cant tell you how much time i have spent looking for stuff that works on the USCC HTC TP2.
What is the Mighty Rom?

Last edited by ewinny; 12-23-2009 at 05:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Dunno about everyone else, a good weather app that fits our screens properly with good radar and sat images has been kinda hard to come by without a subscription to one of the weather services like accuweather or weatherchannel or just using one of the mobile websites.

This is something that shows some promise, it is a little buggy with the other mods I have, it mainly slows things down till they start glitching. Maybe trying without other mods may help. It looks like a NICE solution for those that can get it working properly. I'm still playing with it, so may check back in.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=548023

**UPDATE**
Tested it after a hard reset (I'd been testing some rather crappy things) and it works fine, only makes the weather tab slower for opening or closing(but is allot more data to to load and unload and isn't any worse than the standard HTC Album tab). Even can replace the data on the standard weather tab and still get proper weather updates on the home/today screen.

Too bad it's not a simple single cab install for most users. Most issues are covered in the thread tho.

Last edited by laymanspc; 12-24-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Forseth is a n00b

thanks Ewinny the .cab worked cheers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2