Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 PM
laymanspc
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

laymanspc is keeping up the good worklaymanspc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: U.S. Cellular TP2 customers.

Dunno about everyone else, a good weather app that fits our screens properly with good radar and sat images has been kinda hard to come by without a subscription to one of the weather services like accuweather or weatherchannel or just using one of the mobile websites.

This is something that shows some promise, it is a little buggy with the other mods I have, it mainly slows things down till they start glitching. Maybe trying without other mods may help. It looks like a NICE solution for those that can get it working properly. I'm still playing with it, so may check back in.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=548023

**UPDATE**
Tested it after a hard reset (I'd been testing some rather crappy things) and it works fine, only makes the weather tab slower for opening or closing(but is allot more data to to load and unload and isn't any worse than the standard HTC Album tab). Even can replace the data on the standard weather tab and still get proper weather updates on the home/today screen.

Too bad it's not a simple single cab install for most users. Most issues are covered in the thread tho.

Last edited by laymanspc; 12-24-2009 at 03:47 AM.