PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
Then can Calkulin possibly give us the verizon ip so that we can try it on other roms??? Please??? and Thank You......lol
I'm using a ROM from Calkulin's kitchen and having no luck with MMS with 6.5 and Manila 2.1, so dont think that will help.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
I'm using a ROM from Calkulin's kitchen and having no luck with MMS with 6.5 and Manila 2.1, so dont think that will help.
Each ROM containing Sense 2.1 I have tried I have been able to get it working via Arcsoft. The problem lies in the native software used in HTC Messaging Client in Sense 2.5. A quick check of the update from HTC for the HD2's messaging client update revealed that is has all new .dll's and .exe. I am not familiar with how to decompile the .exe into a usable format though so if someone can give it a shot it would be great! I'll post the update below:
Attached Files
File Type: zip LEO07567-05.zip (3.87 MB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

I've been digging through the registry and comparing what MM's provisioning cabs setup for Arcsoft. I've found a few settings that I've moved over, like UAProf is now pointing to the VZW xml and the UserAgent string is set correctly for VZW. Still can't get it to send, but receiving still appears to work. Still haven't tried the latest Leo update, other than trying to run it so it could tell me I didn't have a Leo.

Z
Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 PM
VIP Member

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I installed Arcsoft and mapped the compose button to directly open up SMS/MMS and messages did send and receive, but then they did not come through to Manila and give an alert...I had to navigate to Start->E-Mail and then you can see that there was a new text/mms. To do this, I installed Arcsoft and then under HTCMessaging/Compose I changed ExecPathName to "/windows/tmail.exe -text" You also have to rename the externalaccount named SMS to SMS.htc for that to work!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Each ROM containing Sense 2.1 I have tried I have been able to get it working via Arcsoft. The problem lies in the native software used in HTC Messaging Client in Sense 2.5. A quick check of the update from HTC for the HD2's messaging client update revealed that is has all new .dll's and .exe. I am not familiar with how to decompile the .exe into a usable format though so if someone can give it a shot it would be great! I'll post the update below:
Yeah i used the disable HTC messaging cab with the Verizon 2.1 fix cab and got it working with the native WinMo messaging.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Yeah i used the disable HTC messaging cab with the Verizon 2.1 fix cab and got it working with the native WinMo messaging.
Are you able to still tap a message in TF3D Messaging Tab and go to the threaded messages or is that link still broken?

I am also wondering if chefs can replace HTC Messaging altogether and cook in Arcsoft in its place or if there are too many dependencies in manila for the default messaging client.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Are you able to still tap a message in TF3D Messaging Tab and go to the threaded messages or is that link still broken?

I am also wondering if chefs can replace HTC Messaging altogether and cook in Arcsoft in its place or if there are too many dependencies in manila for the default messaging client.
major question, can chef replace Jataayu or point it to Arcsoft so that the pic mail can function correctly.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:26 AM
TdiDave

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
A quick check of the update from HTC for the HD2's messaging client update revealed that is has all new .dll's and .exe. I am not familiar with how to decompile the .exe into a usable format though so if someone can give it a shot it would be great! I'll post the update below:

Anything good found yet in the new update from HTC ?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
major question, can chef replace Jataayu or point it to Arcsoft so that the pic mail can function correctly.
I have been wondering the same. If HTC Messaging is giving such a hassle, perhaps cooking in Arcsoft would be a better alternative if it is possible.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

My messaging now works almost exactly like it did on the stock VZW ROM. You can view or reply to a message thread in the Manila tab by tapping a message but if you select the "all messages" softkey or the compose message button it takes you to the WinMo client.

As far as cooking it into a ROM, I'm going to recook my ROM from Calkulin's kitchen this weekend with the two cabs for this hack added in as EXTs and see if it works. I've already got everything added to the kitchen I just haven't had time to flash and test and resync all my info again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2