PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101286)

jmorton10 12-14-2009 08:14 PM

Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentjoker (Post 1408100)
im trying to find out what one did it there was so many i did.

There aren't that many things it's even possible to change...

What mods did you make other than alter the ArcSoft server settings??

When I tried 80, 1024 & none mine refused to send an MMS at all, the none had to be reset to 2.0 to get it working again..........

~John

chris1683 12-14-2009 09:31 PM

I remember someone saying that they had gotten the data arrows to activate like it was attempting to send mms (but then people never received it). Does anyone know what these settings/registry edits were?

OR78 12-14-2009 10:16 PM

I don't see how any of these reg edits will fix the issues that this messaging app has. I salute everyones efforts but none of these ideas have worked for other people. I hope that this is resolved though because as of right now the HTC SMS service sucks.

silentjoker 12-14-2009 10:20 PM

NO FLAMERS PLEASE..
The purpose of this is to solve a problem for us atm. If it works and last 1 month at least for that month we could enjoy!

This will help us out.
First you gotta start somewhere. Process of elimination!

1- Disable your data conection!
2- Put your server settings to what you think are your settings. Use the HTC messaging program menus to get to them.
3- Turn loggin on Registry( ....Jataayu/MMS/SP/Loggin 1 )
4- Create a folder called ErrorRep in the root of your device. If it is already there remove all files from it.
5- Send a mms to yourself! Do not cancel if it takes some time to fail.
6- After it fails or completes Recieve a MMS from someone and download it.
7- Check the ErrorRep folder and zip it up and upload it to here. It should contain like 5 files.

This will let us know what the server is telling your phone a error is.

Then let us trouble shoot! Also if you change any server settings clear the logs before you send and recieve and upload a renamed zip.

If your net doesnt try and connect then say that.

OR78 12-14-2009 10:36 PM

Since I was just implied as a flamer I will add my info. HTC was notified about this issue and they offered anyone that wished to debug their phone, the software needed to log errors. All you have to do is contact them via their website and request these debug apps regaurding the HTC messaging service.

On another note a tech assisted me with my problems on this app and advised me to change the send count from 3 to 5. In doing this it reselved alot of the connection issues. Its a start on their end. JUST MY 2 Cents.

There, does that help?

silentjoker 12-14-2009 11:13 PM

well actually all you need to do is add the line in registry to load the ActiveProfileCDMA 000 registry in next to the gsm one and it fixes the network connectivity problem.

Thats the actuall fix! Dunno why they didnt tell u that.

Jmz 12-14-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1406996)
Because it's not the newest and coolest?
Why does the new manila messaging app work with the HD2 and not the TP2? What got changed?

That the HD2 is GSM and the TP2 we are working on is CDMA.

Other than that, right now it will not work with sprint until we have the exact IP address needed. Plain and simple. Me, calkulin, indagroove, and quite a few other mainstream cooks worked on this a lot. We got to the point of getting a send confirmation but the recipient never receives the mms. So, I came up with the fix a long time ago to change one reg key and install arcsoft. Which means you can send sms through htc but when you find a picture to send and click mms it goes through arcsoft automatically. HTC messaging client ignores the mms altogether.

Also, we tried pinging the different mms servers for sprint and trying those IP addresses also. Which didn't work.

I am not sure about other carriers but I think calkulin's kitchen has the right settings for verizon.

But completely hats off to you if you get the right IP address for sprint.

DV8 12-14-2009 11:59 PM

Then can Calkulin possibly give us the verizon ip so that we can try it on other roms??? Please??? and Thank You......lol

ziggy471 12-15-2009 11:17 AM

The Verizon IP is 62.215.195.152.

For me everything somewhat works, but it's a pain in the you know what.

For Sending, use 'My ISP' and WAP 2.0.

For Receiving, you have to set WAP to none.

Again, this is a pain, because you have to keep changing it back and forth. Most likely there's a reg key somewhere that can set this, or have a different server for send then receive. As for the test messages, I'm using the online sending from MyVZW page. I'll keep playing with it today, since I'm just working on imaging machines, not a lot of interaction required.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I got most of this info from Boushh in his post in the EnergyROM thread:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showt...=86489&page=97

Z

silentjoker 12-15-2009 11:27 AM

well i know the reason why you cant ping the mms servers its casue it blocks public access. I know this froma tech from vzw.