PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101286)

helix139 12-15-2009 04:37 PM

Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8 (Post 1413921)
Then can Calkulin possibly give us the verizon ip so that we can try it on other roms??? Please??? and Thank You......lol

I'm using a ROM from Calkulin's kitchen and having no luck with MMS with 6.5 and Manila 2.1, so dont think that will help.

chris1683 12-15-2009 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by helix139 (Post 1415509)
I'm using a ROM from Calkulin's kitchen and having no luck with MMS with 6.5 and Manila 2.1, so dont think that will help.

Each ROM containing Sense 2.1 I have tried I have been able to get it working via Arcsoft. The problem lies in the native software used in HTC Messaging Client in Sense 2.5. A quick check of the update from HTC for the HD2's messaging client update revealed that is has all new .dll's and .exe. I am not familiar with how to decompile the .exe into a usable format though so if someone can give it a shot it would be great! I'll post the update below:

ziggy471 12-16-2009 05:47 PM

I've been digging through the registry and comparing what MM's provisioning cabs setup for Arcsoft. I've found a few settings that I've moved over, like UAProf is now pointing to the VZW xml and the UserAgent string is set correctly for VZW. Still can't get it to send, but receiving still appears to work. Still haven't tried the latest Leo update, other than trying to run it so it could tell me I didn't have a Leo. ;)

Z

chris1683 12-16-2009 06:53 PM

I installed Arcsoft and mapped the compose button to directly open up SMS/MMS and messages did send and receive, but then they did not come through to Manila and give an alert...I had to navigate to Start->E-Mail and then you can see that there was a new text/mms. To do this, I installed Arcsoft and then under HTCMessaging/Compose I changed ExecPathName to "/windows/tmail.exe -text" You also have to rename the externalaccount named SMS to SMS.htc for that to work!

helix139 12-16-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1683 (Post 1416418)
Each ROM containing Sense 2.1 I have tried I have been able to get it working via Arcsoft. The problem lies in the native software used in HTC Messaging Client in Sense 2.5. A quick check of the update from HTC for the HD2's messaging client update revealed that is has all new .dll's and .exe. I am not familiar with how to decompile the .exe into a usable format though so if someone can give it a shot it would be great! I'll post the update below:

Yeah i used the disable HTC messaging cab with the Verizon 2.1 fix cab and got it working with the native WinMo messaging.

chris1683 12-16-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helix139 (Post 1419078)
Yeah i used the disable HTC messaging cab with the Verizon 2.1 fix cab and got it working with the native WinMo messaging.

Are you able to still tap a message in TF3D Messaging Tab and go to the threaded messages or is that link still broken?

I am also wondering if chefs can replace HTC Messaging altogether and cook in Arcsoft in its place or if there are too many dependencies in manila for the default messaging client.

Nygel 12-16-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1683 (Post 1419162)
Are you able to still tap a message in TF3D Messaging Tab and go to the threaded messages or is that link still broken?

I am also wondering if chefs can replace HTC Messaging altogether and cook in Arcsoft in its place or if there are too many dependencies in manila for the default messaging client.

major question, can chef replace Jataayu or point it to Arcsoft so that the pic mail can function correctly.

TdiDave 12-17-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1683 (Post 1416418)
A quick check of the update from HTC for the HD2's messaging client update revealed that is has all new .dll's and .exe. I am not familiar with how to decompile the .exe into a usable format though so if someone can give it a shot it would be great! I'll post the update below:

Anything good found yet in the new update from HTC ?

chris1683 12-17-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nygel (Post 1419337)
major question, can chef replace Jataayu or point it to Arcsoft so that the pic mail can function correctly.

I have been wondering the same. If HTC Messaging is giving such a hassle, perhaps cooking in Arcsoft would be a better alternative if it is possible.

helix139 12-17-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1683 (Post 1419162)

My messaging now works almost exactly like it did on the stock VZW ROM. You can view or reply to a message thread in the Manila tab by tapping a message but if you select the "all messages" softkey or the compose message button it takes you to the WinMo client.

As far as cooking it into a ROM, I'm going to recook my ROM from Calkulin's kitchen this weekend with the two cabs for this hack added in as EXTs and see if it works. I've already got everything added to the kitchen I just haven't had time to flash and test and resync all my info again.