PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

kiwiruss is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiruss
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

whats MM War 2 ?

Verizon Touch Pro2
Mightyrom and Energyrom user.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Ephreet is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Ephreet Send a message via MSN to Ephreet

After spending over an hour beating my head against the desk trying to get MMS to work through Sense 2.5 on Juicy R7, I would like to share what I have found. When it was all said and done, all I needed to do was install the MMS Fix (Verizon) cab file, softboot, change the MMS Server settings in the All Messages>Options>MMS Server settings, softboot again, and it worked. What I was doing to test was killing me. However I had originally set it up based off of a post in the Juicy R7 thread didn't work. Well, when I was testing, I just kept hitting resend the message instead of deleting the message and creating a new one. So when I did have the settings right, it still didn't work. It must cache the server settings maybe?? Who knows, but I hope this one saves somone else from some lumps on the head and an hour's time.

Last edited by Ephreet; 12-29-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:24 PM
DV8
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

DV8 is keeping up the good workDV8 is keeping up the good work

I have this working on the latest from MightyROM with the 2.5 landscape sweetness, just ran the provisioning and setup the verizon mms settings and good to go.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Okay i can receive mms but i can't send now this is just strange lol im running mighty new 2.5... Soooooo close
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
Okay i can receive mms but i can't send now this is just strange lol im running mighty new 2.5... Soooooo close
That seems to be the issue for now. I'll wait for Mike's next update and then start looking at the new files tonight and tomorrow. I did notice there are new settings that I hadn't seen in the dlls before. Maybe this new version has the options we need to get this thing working correctly. By correctly, I mean not having to add the ?X-???-MDN to the server post line.

Sorry I didn't look much at this today, I decided to try my hand at creating my own ROM, didn't turn out that bad, but then Mike released the new War, so of course, I have to go back to that.

Z
Old 12-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Young-E

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
That seems to be the issue for now. I'll wait for Mike's next update and then start looking at the new files tonight and tomorrow. I did notice there are new settings that I hadn't seen in the dlls before. Maybe this new version has the options we need to get this thing working correctly. By correctly, I mean not having to add the ?X-???-MDN to the server post line.

Sorry I didn't look much at this today, I decided to try my hand at creating my own ROM, didn't turn out that bad, but then Mike released the new War, so of course, I have to go back to that.

Z
i actually used the settings with the ?X-???-MDN, then i installed the Valkerie MMS 2.5 fix and it erased the ?X-???-MDN and it still recieves them just fine. So i don't think we need that part anymore. But thanks, between the two of us we should be able to figure it out
Old 12-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
i actually used the settings with the ?X-???-MDN, then i installed the Valkerie MMS 2.5 fix and it erased the ?X-???-MDN and it still recieves them just fine. So i don't think we need that part anymore. But thanks, between the two of us we should be able to figure it out
Let's hope so. I'll be working on it tomorrow after I get back from a doctors appointment, so around 10EST or so.

Z
Old 12-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Young-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Let's hope so. I'll be working on it tomorrow after I get back from a doctors appointment, so around 10EST or so.

Z
appreciate it if i figure anything out i will post it in here
Old 12-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

flynfresh2def2 is a n00b

I am having problems sending and recieving picture mail, can anyone help me, I have a Touch Pro 2 and I have The Energy Rom on my phone.... this is frustrating that I cant find a rom that will allow me to use mms and sms
Old 12-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfresh2def2 View Post
I am having problems sending and recieving picture mail, can anyone help me, I have a Touch Pro 2 and I have The Energy Rom on my phone.... this is frustrating that I cant find a rom that will allow me to use mms and sms
go to that thread and get support there...this thread is to fix mms within htc manila 2.5 aka LEO manila on all carriers. So far verizon and telus are the only ones that can send and receive, and sprint is ONLY able to receive.
Sprint 4g speed:
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2