PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: defult 6.5 lock that works!

Indagroove's Titanium/Manila ROM for the TP1 was the last ROM I used before coming to the TP2. With that ROM my phone no longer unlocked and powered on when I slide the keyboard or removed the stylus. I thought that was great for pocket carry and it had SmartLock w/ 6.5 as well. I was quite happy - smoothest running TP1 ROM I ever touched.

Indagroove made a barebones TP2 ROM, but he still doesn't have a TP2 himself so I don't think any Manila ROM's or tweaked ROM's will be coming from him for the TP2 for a while.

Maybe Indagroove can provide some insight into what is different about his TP1 ROM's that disabled the stylus/keyboard unlocks. Then everyone would be happy (as long as SmartLock doesn't hang/crash in the background).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:11 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

well you can go into the tp2 registry and disable wakeup on keyboard slide out. but i dont think that has anything to do with the lock.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Verizon

jscacchetti is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by homamk View Post
ok well first off thanks all for trying..

iv tried the mighty fix. the first one worked with the unlock feature that i wanted but it would unlock by itself. so i downloaded his other one which is device lock and its a diffrent program. that works great but its the one where you have to press unlock on bottom left than click it again in middle of screen.. i dont want that i want this type:
http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploa...lockscreen.jpg

and the one that suggested above did the same thing it locked the phone using the locking where you have to click twice..

i want the slide one shown in link

thankkks all in advance!
My solution works like you want on my custom ROM. There is a slide to unlock like your picture shows and there are settings that prevent it fom unlocking when the keyboard slides. It works perfectly on my ROM.

That being said, I tried it on my friend's STOCK Verizon ROM and it exhibited the behavior you are seeing. It pops up the unlock button and you have to click again to unlock it. What ROM are you using?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
that's what i used before. it was unreliable and unlocked when you opened the keyboard (which can also pose an issue with a magnetic belt clip)
Sorry, doesn't happen on mine. Open the keyboard, I get horizontal slide to unlock.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

homamk is becoming a great contributor

the smart lock cab provided works. it does bring up the right screen and if you select "wim 6.5 lock" and i selected "boot lock" and "dim lock" and "suspend lock" and it works. you goto start menu and hit lock and it will lock. but once in a while after that when your phone standbys it doesnt lock which is werid. and sometimes it will be locked than later in the day you check the phone and for some reason its unlocked. so its a bit weird...
Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
hey guys for a while now i been trying to find a nice and simple locking for my touch pro 2 (on mightyrom). im using device lock now which works fine but you have to click unlock on bottom than hit the unlock in middle of screen. which i dont like. i would like the defult wm 6.5 locking where its the slide to unlock in either direction. it was simple and looks good. i downloaded might rom fix that was supposed to make it lock when the screen goes it but most of the time it doesnt and when it does i find my phone sometimes unlocked by itself!

anyone know of a good cab to install or software that looks like it (please dont recommend pocketshield or s2u2) thankss
i don't entirely follow what you're doing here... i know exactly what lock you're saying that you want and it is the default 6.5 lock, but your description is of the default 6.0/1 lock. i'm quite familiar with mightys rom and am absolutely clueless as to how you're getting that lock to come up as his tp2 roms have always been 6.5.

no matter what rom i'm running i use the software from xda that someone else mentioned in this thread, the one called csdevctrl and it always works for me. but it brings out whatever the default lock that your rom is.

find out what rom you're running, i suspect it's a 6.1 version and not 6.5

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller

Last edited by tr0s; 12-07-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs up Re: defult 6.5 lock that works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
that's what i used before. it was unreliable and unlocked when you opened the keyboard (which can also pose an issue with a magnetic belt clip)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
i don't entirely follow what you're doing here... i know exactly what lock you're saying that you want and it is the default 6.5 lock, but your description is of the default 6.0/1 lock. i'm quite familiar with mightys rom and am absolutely clueless as to how you're getting that lock to come up as his tp2 roms have always been 6.5.

no matter what rom i'm running i use the software from xda that someone else mentioned in this thread, the one called csdevctrl and it always works for me. but it brings out whatever the default lock that your rom is.
i can understand his pain (first post), i had the same issue! WHY NO ONE HAVE TRIED LOCKDEVICE 1.6? THIS IS THE ONLY PROGRAM THAT WORKS 100% EVERYTIME FOR WM 6.5 SCREEN LOCK. JUST INSTALL THE ATTACHED CAB (make sure your settings-Lock-Display tab reads "windows default"). This cab has worked for me on all wm 6.5 i have tried! trust me this works!
Attached Files
File Type: cab LockDevice_V1.6.CAB (45.3 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

thing is.... i don't think the main problem is that it's not locking.... i understood his problem to be that he's getting the double tap lock from winmo 6.1 instead of the slider from 6.5.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

homamk is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
thing is.... i don't think the main problem is that it's not locking.... i understood his problem to be that he's getting the double tap lock from winmo 6.1 instead of the slider from 6.5.

yea see thats the thing most programs suggested here is the "double tap lock" which works great but i dont like it. i like the slider. there is a SMART LOCK fix that supposed to be for the slider. and it works. brings the slider and everything. but sometimes it doesnt lock on its own and sometimes it doesnt STAY locked.
so i just wanted an alternative that is as nice as the slider one (but not s2u2 or pocketshield) or the stock slider but one that WORKS.

thank you guys but i think its just not out there...

BY the way.. what can you really change on the 6.5 defult slider lock? only the wallpapeR?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs up Re: defult 6.5 lock that works!

Quote:
thing is.... I don't think the main problem is that it's not locking.... I understood his problem to be that he's getting the double tap lock from winmo 6.1 instead of the slider from 6.5.
if that's the case, then have him follow my previous post

Quote:
yea see thats the thing most programs suggested here is the "double tap lock" which works great but i dont like it. I like the slider. There is a smart lock fix that supposed to be for the slider. And it works. Brings the slider and everything. But sometimes it doesnt lock on its own and sometimes it doesnt stay locked.
So i just wanted an alternative that is as nice as the slider one (but not s2u2 or pocketshield) or the stock slider but one that works.

Thank you guys but i think its just not out there...

By the way.. What can you really change on the 6.5 defult slider lock? Only the wallpaper?
ever since i began using lockdevice1.6, i have never had the double-screen unlock issue (at least in 6.5). If you are using 6.1, this might happen.
What 6.5 rom are you using? (i have used this cab with juicy, mighty, juggalox, energyrom and a few others and it works without a problem.

Btw, you can only change the wallpaper on the 6.5 slide to unlocks screen. (by going to settings->today (or home, depending on the version of 6.5 you are using).
Hope that helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2