PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
defult 6.5 lock that works!

hey guys for a while now i been trying to find a nice and simple locking for my touch pro 2 (on mightyrom). im using device lock now which works fine but you have to click unlock on bottom than hit the unlock in middle of screen. which i dont like. i would like the defult wm 6.5 locking where its the slide to unlock in either direction. it was simple and looks good. i downloaded might rom fix that was supposed to make it lock when the screen goes it but most of the time it doesnt and when it does i find my phone sometimes unlocked by itself!

anyone know of a good cab to install or software that looks like it (please dont recommend pocketshield or s2u2) thankss
Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Raheinm

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: defult 6.5 lock that works!

Try Mr.X rom.. it works great for me
Old 12-07-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA :(
Carrier: Sprint

afripino is becoming a great contributor

there's a cab posted (actually...two links are posted) on the first page of the MightyROM thread that will enable the lock when you turn the screen off. is this what you're looking for?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Verizon

jscacchetti is just getting started

Try this, it works for me:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
Old 12-07-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok well first off thanks all for trying..

iv tried the mighty fix. the first one worked with the unlock feature that i wanted but it would unlock by itself. so i downloaded his other one which is device lock and its a diffrent program. that works great but its the one where you have to press unlock on bottom left than click it again in middle of screen.. i dont want that i want this type:
http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploa...lockscreen.jpg

and the one that suggested above did the same thing it locked the phone using the locking where you have to click twice..

i want the slide one shown in link

thankkks all in advance!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:06 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

this has been something i've looked for forever and i have yet to find something that works the way i want it to.
i want to be able to put my phone in standby by pushing the hardware button or allowing it to time-out to standby. then when i push the hardware power button again to turn it on (or i receive a text, email, etc), it is at the lock screen with no password required, just a figure swipe.

devicelock and the like aren't reliable at locking the screen and get disabled when the keyboard is opened

right now, i have my phone set to require a password at 0 minutes, which works and does what i want it to do, but i'd rather not require the password.

*edit* i know s2u2 does precisely this, but i want the windows default lock screen
Old 12-07-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yes this is exactly what i want. its something very simple and i dont want to get something like s2u2 just for a simple task like this. just the defult one is great for me but i just need it to lock and stay locked until i unlock it.
sometimes the simpiliest things are the hardest to find.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:31 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

You there currently isn't a solution, the problem is when you slide out your keyboard it screws up the lock.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The attached cab is what you need.

Install, go to Settings -> System -> Smart lock.... Check "WM 6.5 new lock" and "Suspend Lock"

Soft reset. Start Menu -> lock softkey... it will now always lock upon wakeup.

Done.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Smart Lock.cab (59.6 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
The attached cab is what you need.

Install, go to Settings -> System -> Smart lock.... Check "WM 6.5 new lock" and "Suspend Lock"

Soft reset. Start Menu -> lock softkey... it will now always lock upon wakeup.

Done.
that's what i used before. it was unreliable and unlocked when you opened the keyboard (which can also pose an issue with a magnetic belt clip)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2