PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

bond007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: T-Mobile and HTC TOUCH HD

hey guys,
i had sprint and switched over to t-mobile w/my new htc touch hd...its awesome! except of course no 3g which i knew before i got it. but everything works fine with me...mms, you tube,,,,etc. internet is quite fast depending on your reception.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Soon...HTC Magic G2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

redrazr7791 is just getting started

True that BOND, i jumped ship also from sprint to T-mobile, and i can honestly say, the internet speed really didn't change that much. Loving the phone and happy with my decision.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Lurker

feidaoguy is a n00b

Hi, I am debating touch HD vs Verizon Omnia. Does Touch HD has heptic feed back with on screen keyboard? Is there any on board memory like the omnia (8gb for i910)? Any input who be appreciated.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

trance2002 is becoming a great contributor

Could someone please quantify the speeds they see on T-Mobile in kbps for both uplink and downlink?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Duplicate. Deleted.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244

Last edited by jim2561; 03-04-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrazr7791 View Post
True that BOND, i jumped ship also from sprint to T-mobile, and i can honestly say, the internet speed really didn't change that much. Loving the phone and happy with my decision.
I can't say that I had either, and for things like getting updated stock quotes and much...it's not a huge difference. Not to mention that Opera 9.5 has always been....slow. Lol so the connection speed doesn't matter TOO much. And using Opera Mini of course is lightning fast as always.

But I must say that I used my buddies diamond on sprint w/ EVDO Rev. A with good signal and...I did realize that you can definitely tell the difference. You don't see it that much getting used to it and being excited about the HD, but after using it for a while then seeing Sprint speed...phew. Lol.

Edge won't keep up in updating the maps when cruising along w/ gps tracking turned on if you are zoomed in very much, just can't keep up whereas evdo sure did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feidaoguy View Post
Hi, I am debating touch HD vs Verizon Omnia. Does Touch HD has heptic feed back with on screen keyboard? Is there any on board memory like the omnia (8gb for i910)? Any input who be appreciated.
Any WM device can have haptic feedback on all the screen all the time or just on the keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance2002 View Post
Could someone please quantify the speeds they see on T-Mobile in kbps for both uplink and downlink?
Just went to speedtest.net now. I'm in northern Utah, US and got only 122 k down and 50k up. I can't say as to whether or not that is typical but...just looking at sheer numbers...EVDO Rev A w/ good signal would SLAUGHTER that...tho I use wifi 90% of the time so it's cool Latency of 630ms. Tells me I'm about 50 miles from the tower.

For what it's worth, I had full bars (or maybe missing one bar).

BTW...just fyi for all, got MMS fixed. Just needed to get to the highest tech support (the one above tier 3, they called it simply "advanced") and some lady got it fixed straight away.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

trance2002 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for posting the speeds Jim. Those are consistent with Edge speeds which is not what I was hoping to hear. I'd love to have this phone but can't live without 3G speed. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next round of 09 HTC CDMA phones to drop later this year. I'm still envious though :P
Old 03-19-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

derynhaze is a n00b

How much did you guys spend on your Blackstones? I'm thinking of getting one for the misses. Thanks to everyone for the Tmo input. Much appreciated and look forward to hearing from you guys.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD_ Blackstone

Pokks is a n00b

Hi all,
I have Hd and Tmobile..it works just fine need to have the data connection tho. No issues for now, since Feb.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

food is a n00b

Just went to speedtest.net now. I'm in northern Utah, US and got only 122 k down and 50k up. I can't say as to whether or not that is typical but...just looking at sheer numbers...EVDO Rev A w/ good signal would SLAUGHTER that...tho I use wifi 90% of the time so it's cool Latency of 630ms. Tells me I'm about 50 miles from the tower.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to have a HD but not at that speed. I have the Diamond on Sprint and my DL is 656KBPS. I guess I gotta wait for a CDMA version

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD