PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Soon...HTC Magic G2
Carrier: T-Mobile

redrazr7791 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
T-Mobile and HTC TOUCH HD

Hey guys, I finally got my Blackstone wednesday and have been messing with it since then. I am currently out of town but when i get back, I plan on opening a T-mobile contract to run the phone on. I chose them, because, A) i can get a good deal on a contract with MYFAVES, INTERNET, HOTSPOTS, and TEXTS, and since i am not a big talker, the MYFAVES would work for me and B) AT&T is just too d@mn expensive for me. My questions is, for those who are using the HTC TOUCH HD on T-mobile, of course besides the lack of 3G like everyone is stating, how is the internet browser. A friend of mine runs his HD on AT&T, but I cannot afford a big plan, without a MyFaves type option. Post up experiences only if you are running the HD on T-Mobile. Thanks
Old 01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: T-Mobile and HTC TOUCH HD

You've gotten my interest since I would love a Touch HD. Since you already have a phone you don't have to sign a 2-yr contract correct. Also how are you going to use the internet since tmobile's data network is not compatable with the HD, WiFi only??

Looking at the plans AT&T's $30 PDA Personal Add-On unlimited internet($24 with company discount for many) , or PDA Personal Bundle Add-On with 200 texts $35($28 with discount)doesn't seem that bad. And their voice plans are about the same price.

Does your friends HD work on the At&t data network, and is it EDGE speed or 3G?
Old 01-02-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

see that is what I do not understand, why wouldn't the T-mobile internet NOT work on the HD but At&t internet does? Aren't they both GSM networks, woudn't that mean that the internet would work? As far as my friends, yes it works on the EDGE speed, not 3G, he says it is pretty fast and when i messed with it, it worked pretty good. I am with sprint....so i do not have a phone that would work with t-mobile or At&t since.......SPRINT'S PHONES DO NOT HAVE SIM CARDS.........majorly lame lol
Old 01-02-2009, 12:40 PM
VFW Member

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does T-mobile have phone insurance? I just looked at AT&T's and it's $4.99/month. The Fuze(Touch Pro) has a $125 deductable. WOW! I've had 2 6700's and 2 Touch's replaced for free so far with Sprint. I would be screwed with AT&T, and I doubt it even covers the Touch HD. You better carry that thing in a briefcase!!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lol, buddy i have severe OCD, so my phone is like a baby in my hands, i protect it like it is made out of crystal. I am always cleaning it and even if i have to carry it with a bag inside of a lock box, I will lol.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 PM
VFW Member

I think your right. The Touch HD will work on the 850 mHz band. "T-Mobile offers GSM service in both the 850 and 1900 MHz frequency bands. T-Mobile offers EDGE data service over most of their network, plus WCDMA 3G voice and data in select metro areas, using the 1700 MHz band. "

Looks like there edge data network is on the 850 band. Sure will be slower than your used to on Sprint though. I know my brother can hardly stream video using AT&T's edge, but if you don't do that then just surfing the internet may be tolerable.

Go get that Beast activated, I'm curious!!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

And also for the love of Jesus H. Christ, please don't install the MyFaves app, bacause it's only gonna say WDP Hooker after every single bootup. It's just a minor glitch, that's all.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Heck yea man, im stocked about getting the HD activated, I was looking into getting a free phone or maybe the RAZR when i sign up with T-mobile, but after seeing that samsung behold.....maybe that could be my back up to the HD, i want to keep this bumped to see if anyone else has any input
Old 01-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch HD
Carrier: T-Mobile US

hossdawg is a n00b

I'm on the t-mo network and just ordered my touch hd... i will be happy to report my findings as soon as i receive it
Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

heck yea im excited i order my t-mobile phone and plan tomorrow with some MAJOR discounts......SAMSUNG BEHOLD for $99 and get it overnighted....so by tuesday the BLACKSTONE should be running

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD