PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42
Do you want a CDMA HTC Touch HD to be made?

If you too would like to see a Touch HD developed for CDMA, then please sign this petition:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/CDMA_H...tion-sign.html

I setup the petition to keep your information anonymous. The only person I would share this information with is Sprint directly. I have been corresponding with one of the Executives about the Touch HD. He confirmed that they don't have the Touch HD in their sights and he said that Petition is a great way to convince him and the product development team that there is demand for a device. He pointed out that he had seen a petition for the Mogul and used that to put pressure on the development team.

Jerry Adriano from Sprint said:

"A petition may be more effective and last year there was one that was created by Mogul users. Once the creator of the petition sent me the link, I was able to get our product team engaged and provide them the visibility. You are also welcome to give out my email address.

Regards,
Jerry"

He has agreed to listen. We, the people who would buy the Touch HD CDMA, just need to speak. Please take a moment to sign. It couldn't hurt.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Re: Do you want a CDMA HTC Touch HD to be made?

Wouldn't this post be better off in the general forum?
Old 09-25-2008, 05:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Mavosa is just getting started

Actually, no, the screen may be nice, but I don't believe it will be as compatible to many programs like the touch diamond/pro is, it doesn't have a hardware keyboard, and its the same width as the touch diamond (diamond/pro being 480x640) and the touch HD is 480x800. 160 pixels worth it? Meh...

More or less its the same. What I do like is the headphone jack lol.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Just signed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint)

TucanMobile is just getting started

I signed it.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavosa View Post
Actually, no, the screen may be nice, but I don't believe it will be as compatible to many programs like the touch diamond/pro is, it doesn't have a hardware keyboard, and its the same width as the touch diamond (diamond/pro being 480x640) and the touch HD is 480x800. 160 pixels worth it? Meh...

Sorry, you understated the pixel difference. It is 76,800 more pixels. As long as they have enough power for the extra pixels, I would probably buy one in a year or so.

I'll have to sign the petition later, cannot go to that web page from work.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

I just signed it. New devices are always cool.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 09-25-2008, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavosa View Post

even though it seems like a small number the pixels make a huge difference. for example i took my diamond into the apple store to test the picture versus the iphone (480 by 320) if i am not mistaken. the diamond screen blew that on out the water. even the apple guys were wondering what phone i had and if they were getting it. so just saying that i would say by all means plese come out with a cdma version. lets be honest when the iphone came out everyone secretly loved the picture on it. now they are loving the picture on this one. imagine what the hd will be like
Old 09-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The way I look at it, it will be year before it's released anyways, and by then, we're all gonna want a faster processor and more ram. but besides the screen being a weird proportion for application and a better camera, I don't think we the touch hd is really a good idea.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

I think it is almost perfect for widescreen video... I can live with it being 80 pixels too big with small black bar at that resolution. I can't stand black bars from widescreen viewed on a fullscreen display. This is the other way around, so much more tolerable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD