PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - CDMA/Raphael
Carrier: Sprint

psychotic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to psychotic
Re: Phone turning to vibrate mode automatically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skny View Post
Actually, you're not having the same problem.

What the origina poster (OP) is describing is that, when scheduled events occur, his phone goes to vibrate.

It's important to note that I have the HTC plugin as well - so I can choose one of four ringer/alert profile: Sound On (always on), Silent, Vibrate, or Automatic. Automatic keeps the ringer/alerts on, however, if you have a scheduled appointment that is NOT marked as "free time" - then it will automatically change over to vibrate mode.

Your problem is a bit different and kind of what I'm experiencing. If you are to change a calendar entry directly on the device, then the sound setting changes for some reason. My profile stays the same - that is, if I'm on the vibrate profile, it "shows" that its still on the vibrate profile, yet the ringer & alerts turn on.

No idea why and don't know how to fix, I just wanted to clarify that we've got 3 different issues reported in this thread.

The only two fixes are for those that say their phone changes from normal ring/alert to vibrate during scheduled appointments. If not using an app that has sound profiles, then you have to make sure your calendar appointment is set to "free time" as opposed to "busy". If using an app that DOES have sound profiles, than don't use "Automatic" mode cuz it'll turn your rings off automatically during scheduled appts.
I was searching for posts regarding the "automatic" profile, so I don't have to set my phone to vibrate for class, and then forget to turn the ringer back on as always... it will automatically do it for me. (FYI I have an HTC touch pro - but settings are the same for the ringer profiles).

My problem is that I have automatic profile selected, created a test appointment on my phone, kept it labeled as BUSY (which should switch the phone to vibrate when the appointment starts). However, the phone never changes to vibrate!!

I *THINK* skny is saying that appointments created on the phone will not work with the automatic ringer profile, and it doesn't switch to vibrate like it should. Does this mean that the appointments that are in Outlook and synced WILL work and switch to vibrate automatically??? (The appointments are set to busy)

Any help would be appriciated... I finally found the profiles for ringers (not under windows settings, only under the touchFlo settings)... after looking all over and finally finding the settings I was relieved... but now that i found the setting and turned it on, it isn't working!!
Thanks in advance

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan