PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

drummania is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone turning to vibrate mode automatically?

I am using a Sprint PPC-6800. I have all my class schedules in my calendar. Recently I noticed that sometimes the phone will switch to vibrate mode automatically during some scheduled events, but not on all events. It will not turn back to ring mode after the event.

I wonder what option triggers this switching? I am using the stock WM calendar app and HTC Home 6 tab version.

Thanks in advance.
DM
Old 10-21-2007, 04:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pecosbull is a n00b
ttt same problem
Old 10-21-2007, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

tannis is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to tannis Send a message via MSN to tannis Send a message via Yahoo to tannis
Calender Q

Hey Guys the show time as option is what will cause this option to not silence your phones. If you'l select the option that says show time as free it shouldn't put a damper on your ringing.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

drummania is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannis View Post
Hey Guys the show time as option is what will cause this option to not silence your phones. If you'l select the option that says show time as free it shouldn't put a damper on your ringing.
Can't find it...Where is that option?

Tx.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummania View Post
I am using a Sprint PPC-6800. I have all my class schedules in my calendar. Recently I noticed that sometimes the phone will switch to vibrate mode automatically during some scheduled events, but not on all events. It will not turn back to ring mode after the event.

I wonder what option triggers this switching? I am using the stock WM calendar app and HTC Home 6 tab version.

Thanks in advance.
DM
I've never been able to get my phone to switch on it's own... If you want it to automatically switch and switch back though, check out sbsh phoneweaver, it's awesome, sets my phone to vibrate while I'm at school, silent when I'm actually in class, ring+vibrate normally, and just ring when hooked up to power....
Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannis View Post
Where is this option. I am having this problem as well when using HTC Home Plugin.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

herbster is becoming a great contributor
Re: Phone turning to vibrate mode automatically?

I am having the same problem. Whenever I change my calendar the phone switches to vibrate. Any suggestions? Anyone had this problem and figured it out?
thx
Old 02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

skny is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbster View Post
I am having the same problem. Whenever I change my calendar the phone switches to vibrate. Any suggestions? Anyone had this problem and figured it out?
thx
Actually, you're not having the same problem.

What the origina poster (OP) is describing is that, when scheduled events occur, his phone goes to vibrate.

It's important to note that I have the HTC plugin as well - so I can choose one of four ringer/alert profile: Sound On (always on), Silent, Vibrate, or Automatic. Automatic keeps the ringer/alerts on, however, if you have a scheduled appointment that is NOT marked as "free time" - then it will automatically change over to vibrate mode.

Your problem is a bit different and kind of what I'm experiencing. If you are to change a calendar entry directly on the device, then the sound setting changes for some reason. My profile stays the same - that is, if I'm on the vibrate profile, it "shows" that its still on the vibrate profile, yet the ringer & alerts turn on.

No idea why and don't know how to fix, I just wanted to clarify that we've got 3 different issues reported in this thread.

The only two fixes are for those that say their phone changes from normal ring/alert to vibrate during scheduled appointments. If not using an app that has sound profiles, then you have to make sure your calendar appointment is set to "free time" as opposed to "busy". If using an app that DOES have sound profiles, than don't use "Automatic" mode cuz it'll turn your rings off automatically during scheduled appts.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

herbster is becoming a great contributor

I use hhc home customizer...I changed the status to 'free' and then back to 'busy' and I am not experiencing the problem right now. fyi- it only happened when I changed an appointment. I always have used 'busy' and have never experienced the problem before.
I hope this helps someone or sheds some light on their specific problem.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

wwing49 is just getting started

It's like the option for "Automatic Profile" that smartphones have. If your appointment is set to busy and you are using the HTC home with the automatic profile, your phone will switch to vibrate. If the appointment is set to free, your phone will have no change.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan