PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
You do have that file... *snip*
Yes... you are very right I do. I always unhide all files when I hard reset my phone.. this time I missed the check box for hidden files.

My bad man, I didn't mean to doubt you at all. Next time I will look twice and cut once
Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
OK I've poked into things a bit more and yes it seems Sprint is up to no good in regards to tethering. Those of you running Sprint ROMs should remove the following registry value:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
"Extension"="rilphone.dll"

Usual caveats about editing the registry apply here--don't do this unless you know how.
Sticky this post!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Lurker

WallaceLau is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdg View Post
@ all.. it appears my initial description of M.IP 2 being populated by the IOTA is no longer correct. PAM phones no longer use a separate M.IP for PAM authentication. Instead, the NAI of M.IP 1 is dynamically prefixed with 'pam' when tethering is detected...(M.IP 1 is essentially changed while the phone is tethered)....

Hunterdg,

This could be slightly off topic but I have a question on the phone automatically applying the PAM prefix: wouldn't that affect Datalink customers? For example, we normally set our M.IP(1) NAI to [ourInternalActiveDiretoryUserID]@[ourReam].dl.SprintPCS.com; so that the device will authenticate with our corporate AAA server. Sprint then knows how to route all the traffics into our VPN. However, if the phone automatically prefix M.IP(1)'s realm with "pam", in theory it will break our Datalink connection.

Now granted Sprint does not officially support the Mogul (or any PPC phone for that matter) under Datalink (at least not that I am aware of...), so it could be a moot point. Or maybe the software is smart enough that if the nai ends with "dl.SprintPCS.com" (dl = Datalink), then it skip the padding (which would be awesome... then we can all switch to PPC phone and saves hundreds of $$$ per month). However, as of right now the only way I can test it is to pull the MSL on the CEO's Mogul, and then modify his phone's profile... BUT - messing with (and potentially bricking) the CEO's brand spanking new phone is not a very good career move, at least I think.

Anyway, since you used to work for Sprint, do you have any thoughts?

Wallace

p.s. Currently the CEO is the only one in the company that has a Mogul; I travels internationally and have always preferred GSM phones.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul/Titan/ppc6800

hunterdg is a n00b
to be honest, I can't say for sure. It seemed all the DL customers had their own go-to tech, as I only ever dealt with DL scenarios in brief hypothetical training sessions. I'm sur you could find what you need py perusing the epst data though (##pst# , ##data#) I completely identify with your reluctance to experiment on the CEO's phone though.. all the bigwigs here have BB's (lotus notes server, att service, BES server, I HATE it), and as I would refuse to own one anyway, I am always quite cautious when troubleshooting them..
I'd say get another mogul for 'backup' purposes and see what you find. I'd be willing to share what I could glean from the data..
Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayziepop View Post
What ROM are you using now EB? Luv said this is for the Sprint ROM, are you perhaps using a full blown Alltel ROM?

Aside from that, check your registry and see if that value exists for you. If its not there, then that would explain why you dont need to connect PIE first.

I am looking through the hex edit of an RIL.dll file right now, and as I suspected it appears to have a lot of the AT modem strings and power features jabber in it. I guess that ICS can use the file as an extension to determine whether or not to use a tethering profile with this device...?
I have the Sprint ROM. The rilphone.dll reg entry IS there. No multiNAI hack.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
I just went with IS last night over bluetooth, no reg edits, no hacks, and it just worked. I had a pre-existing data connection though (I'm basically on data 24/7).
Old 10-12-2007, 02:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b
Quote:
OK I've poked into things a bit more and yes it seems Sprint is up to no good in regards to tethering. Those of you running Sprint ROMs should remove the following registry value:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
"Extension"="rilphone.dll"

Usual caveats about editing the registry apply here--don't do this unless you know how.
Excuse the noob question but do I delete just the rilphone.dll or the word 'Extension' as well?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by instrmntuvdeth View Post
Excuse the noob question but do I delete just the rilphone.dll or the word 'Extension' as well?
Select the key entry and delete.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

wiinex is a n00b
it worked

omgosh this worked!!! im a happy sero plan, htc mogul owner now.

Sprint - HTC Mugol -2006 / Present
Sprint - UTStarcom PPC6700 -2006 / 2006
T-mobile - Nokia 3220 -2004 / 2006
T-mobile - Sony Ericsson T300 -2003 / 2004
Cingular - Nokia 8270 -2002 / 2003
Cingular - Nokia 3360 -2000 / 2002
Old 11-04-2007, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
This is an unrelated question, and yes I know I should be using Internet Sharing, this is just for research purposes... But can anyone even run the \Windows\Wmodem.exe application? When I click/run it on my Mogul nothing appears, when i look in task manger the process quickly appears and disappears? Anyone know why?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan