PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by therussman2002 View Post
I think the need here is to "lock on wake" in addition, because my power button can get hit easily by the standard case while in my pocket... That's how I end up making random phone calls.
There is a "Lock on Wake" option in DeviceLock as well.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
ok titan noob, just got my 6700 replaced. been reading for days, Thanks everyone for all the info. Thanks for turning me onto onlock, however my biggest peav was/is that when i'm in a call and the phone is locked, the END button still hangs up the call.
this is very frustrating, anybody got a reg hack?
Old 12-10-2007, 03:26 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Hadn't seen that this thread had so many peoplehaving problems with onlock, I don't get it... Every kitchen and rom I've tried onlock has been flawless.

To the last poster; sorry, it's supposed to allow you to answer and end calls. When you are not in a call those buttons are locked.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Lurker

essidle is a n00b
I was looking for good locking program awhile back. Slide 2 Unlock is too cumbersome, but a different guy made a version from the ground-up in C++ called Slide 2 Unlock 2. I highly reccomend this, it solved all of my pocket-calling problems, is easy on the ram, and is highly configurable (Slide 2 Answer is a fantastic feature). It is also very reliable - versions of OnLock and whatnot I used tended to stop working inexplicably or didn't reliably trigger on device wake.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:47 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
To the last poster; sorry, it's supposed to allow you to answer and end calls. When you are not in a call those buttons are locked.
I originally got my 6700 bc I install dtv and spend more time than i want on hold and NEEDed bluetooth so i could continue working while on the phone. almost all of my jeans have the "carpenter" pocket which has proven a happy home for my cell's. until my ppc's I've always had flip phones and never had issues with the phone in my pocket (any), during my years at radioshack I would use holsters, but mainly as a sales tool. now I have other tools that must be strapped to my waist.

I NEED A WAY TO DISABLE THE END BUTTON WHILE THE PHONE IS LOCKED, if it's that important to end a call FAST, the ground works great!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:05 AM
RMD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RMD is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RMD Send a message via MSN to RMD Send a message via Yahoo to RMD
Sorry Guys, I'm a little confused. When I press power one time screen goes off and all buttons appear to be locked, even during a call I press power and put it in the holster without a problem. WMP is the only thing that seems to require the device to have the screen on (Which I kinda understand,WMP+Screen off+Idiots=Drained batt, and another forum full of complaints).

You'll be back!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Lurker

essidle is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD View Post
Sorry Guys, I'm a little confused. When I press power one time screen goes off and all buttons appear to be locked, even during a call I press power and put it in the holster without a problem. WMP is the only thing that seems to require the device to have the screen on (Which I kinda understand,WMP+Screen off+Idiots=Drained batt, and another forum full of complaints).
You can actually map a button in WMP to turn off the screen but keep playing music. The device remains fully powered on, just sans screen.

When your device is off there is no problems. The real problem comes from the device being in your pocket and an event happening that wakes the device up, such as a text message or an alarm. The device will fully wake up and, with the design of the Titan's case (as was true with the 6700 and the 6600) you will likely mash the 'Talk' button and call the most recent contact - repeatedly. Device lock programs, such as "Slide 2 Unlock 2", will allow the phone to wake up and receive the event but prevent any input until a certain unlikely-to-be-accidental key combination is entered - allowing your phone to process events and not pocket call the pants off your last contact.

My 6600 (and consequently me) was notorious for pocket calling when I had that phone. It wasn't uncommon to have 10-15, five minute long voice mails from me, all consisting of muffled environment noise.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

SmokeEater72 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by diomark View Post
I love the device lock (screen) from spb mobile shell (I just wish they'd automate it..) - I've got it assigned to the com key though so one keypress and it's locked with info on the screen (time, date, # of sms/emails/missed calls/weather/calendar)

-mark
I agree with diomark. I love mobile shell's now screen and would love to have that show when ever i turn on the device. however i have the usual problem of accidentally calling people f i receive a text and dont immediately clear it and turn my xv6800 back off. Anyone know a way to automate this like diomark wished for? without having to push one button to lock and then push the power button?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800

pyro546 is a n00b
Re: More functional device locking

I found that whenever I bent at the hip that my pants were pressing on the buttons on the phone and causing it to (in my case) want to shut down. (if you store your phone in the opposite position it could be pressing on the "voice dial" button in the same manner) My fix was to put a poece of electrical tape over the buttons and then use an exacto knife to cut around the buttons and remove the tape over the buttons. This results in the buttons not sticking out so far and therefore less problems accidentally pressing them. It's not a fancy software fix but it works.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Re: More functional device locking

okay, is there an actual program that locks the device? that is, when i lock my device, i then have to hit a button and then touch the screen to unlock it. is that a program?
if so, what is it called? do we know? I'm searching the forums, so i may find it before someone responds, but if anyone knows the name, feel free to lemme know.
thx!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan