Old 12-11-2007, 05:53 PM
essidle
Lurker

essidle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD View Post
Sorry Guys, I'm a little confused. When I press power one time screen goes off and all buttons appear to be locked, even during a call I press power and put it in the holster without a problem. WMP is the only thing that seems to require the device to have the screen on (Which I kinda understand,WMP+Screen off+Idiots=Drained batt, and another forum full of complaints).
You can actually map a button in WMP to turn off the screen but keep playing music. The device remains fully powered on, just sans screen.

When your device is off there is no problems. The real problem comes from the device being in your pocket and an event happening that wakes the device up, such as a text message or an alarm. The device will fully wake up and, with the design of the Titan's case (as was true with the 6700 and the 6600) you will likely mash the 'Talk' button and call the most recent contact - repeatedly. Device lock programs, such as "Slide 2 Unlock 2", will allow the phone to wake up and receive the event but prevent any input until a certain unlikely-to-be-accidental key combination is entered - allowing your phone to process events and not pocket call the pants off your last contact.

My 6600 (and consequently me) was notorious for pocket calling when I had that phone. It wasn't uncommon to have 10-15, five minute long voice mails from me, all consisting of muffled environment noise.