PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

onthehunt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sometimes I work in in noisy environments while talking on my phone, and the loudest volume is needed. Now, I can barely hear thru the headset in a noisy place. Even in a quiet room, the headset volume is low, and I can't make it louder. It used to be that I had to turn down the volume on the headset, because the loud volume was a bit too much. Is there any fix for this? Thanks.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jaak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehunt
Sometimes I work in in noisy environments while talking on my phone, and the loudest volume is needed. Now, I can barely hear thru the headset in a noisy place. Even in a quiet room, the headset volume is low, and I can't make it louder. It used to be that I had to turn down the volume on the headset, because the loud volume was a bit too much. Is there any fix for this? Thanks.
Wait, you're saying with the same headset and the same phone, it's not as loud as it used to be? This could be hearing fatigue. This is off topic, but if that's the case, you need to start taking short breaks from what you're doing before you damage your hearing.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 Mogul

Mach30SiR is a n00b
I noticed the same thing, its not hearing fatigue or temp hearing loss. My mogul isn't as loud as the ladies........

I have two to compare them.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 3

onthehunt is a n00b
Thank you for your concern about my hearing, but I believe the sound has degraded with the Mogul. I typically don't have the volume up loud unless needed. I first noticed the lower volume when receiving a call in my car, which is very quiet inside. Kept turning up the volume but nothing worked. Then I noticed this was happening with all calls with the headset. The phone earpiece doesn't seem to sound as loud as it used to be either. My husband has the same phone I used to use, Samsung 920, and I added the headset to his phone to check it out. Sound volume worked normal on the headset and was great, just like when I first added the headset to the Mogul. I added the headset to another friend's phone, and it worked beautifully too. I truly think it is the Mogul.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Yeah this is a serious problem with the Mogul. I've tried everything and can't get my handset earpiece volume to a level where I don't have to struggle to hear it. I know it's not my hearing either because I have excellent hearing. They could have made the volume a bit louder for the ringers, speakerphone, and everything else... I sure hope they come out with a fix for this or recall these phones. What good is a phone if you can't hear it? It just doesn't make sense. My LG PM-225 (a really cheap phone) sounds way better than the Mogul.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo
have you guys try this?

I have no problems at all and the sound is better...
Old 08-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Quote:
have you guys try this?

I have no problems at all and the sound is better...
Actually, that decreases the volume. Stay away from that hack.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor
its pretty freaking ridiculous you can't even get an acceptable listening level on this 300 dollar phone. Im getting very frustrated with all these phones shortcomings.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ryox82 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ryox82 Send a message via MSN to ryox82 Send a message via Yahoo to ryox82
I can say i feel the speakerphone quality isnt that hot but i have had no issues with the volume, the ringing our anything. I bought a jawbone earpiece and that works rather well too. It would be my guess though that if it is happening in peoples headsets as well as the phones themselves then it has GOT to be software, and that would be fixable.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

HybriDSM is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof
its pretty freaking ridiculous you can't even get an acceptable listening level on this 300 dollar phone. Im getting very frustrated with all these phones shortcomings.
imagine your rage when you paid $550 for it when it first came out. I also cant stand the earpiece volume level on this. I work as a swimming pool contractor and use this phone as the main phone line for my business, and since I'm constantly out on the road it's a real annoyance for me to have to roll up all the windows when I'm going down the road just to be able to PARTLY hear what my partner in conversation is trying to say. I'm so sick of telling clients I cant hear them and I'll have to call them back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan