PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what did i do? "you need a credit card to make external call"

i want to call verizon but i am paranoid that they will nix my warranty for programming the phone
Old 02-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Then you shouldn't have messed with your phone. Live and learn. But really they can't tell you did anything to your phone. The same thing happens when you hard reset the phone so hint hint and that can be what you tell them.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

you guys are telling me that i can't flash it back to stock? but how come in this thread it says that is how you fix it after being Sprintized.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=epst+verizon

i think it also says that in XDA Wiki. I went back and Read GAMedic's and it says for verizon users with new radio rom you have to call for AKey but you guys are saying that's the same as *228 program?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:52 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
His EPST settings and a key are the problems and non will be fixed by flashing a verizon stock rom.
Ah right. Time to call vz, and say I can't hear you now...
Old 02-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael201 View Post
i want to call verizon but i am paranoid that they will nix my warranty for programming the phone
shouldnt toy with things that void your warranty then, if your gonna need it fixed someday..

im guessin your gonna wana be able to get a free replacement or just be able to pay the deductable if it cant be fixed too huh?

Quote:
you guys are telling me that i can't flash it back to stock? but how come in this thread it says that is how you fix it after being Sprintized.

i think it also says that in XDA Wiki. I went back and Read GAMedic's and it says for verizon users with new radio rom you have to call for AKey but you guys are saying that's the same as *228 program?
well if you dont agree with the advice here, then opt to follow the links advice..and ask the people in there..
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:

Ga's guide was from before MR1 came out. You DO NOT NEED to call Verizon for a new A-Key. They will have you dial *22899. Seriously, you should be toying around with things that are not supported by your carrier if you aren't gonna take time to read and be careful. Good luck

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:32 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Sprint pwns VZW in every way including this

Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

not to say i'm not thankful but i can't help feeling that you guys are all trying to be smug and told you so. of course no one should be messing with this and that unless they know what they are doing-what's the point of throwing a cliche at me. You guys are making me out to be the first person in history to botch a flash.

yes i'm still thankful through all the help delivered as admonishments.

so consensus is just call Verizon?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I would reflash to stock VZ rom, hard reset, and then call vz and let them know that you had to hard reset because it was acting funny and you though it would help, and now you have no internet.

A small white lie, but in the ballpark of the truth.

And next time you'll be more careful

No worries man. We've all done something where we wish we had that wayback machine for the do-over. In the grand scheme of life, this has to be pretty low on the list.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:16 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Actually. He should look for "how to revert to PRI 1.35.002" Let those customizations run and such. Then call and get them to fix it, or deactivate your phone and put an old one on. Then, reactivate the 6800 and dial *22899, DO NOT DIAL *228 and select options, even if they tell you to. It will mess up the PRI, just take my advice and you should be good to go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan