PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

azrael201 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what did i do? "you need a credit card to make external call"

i tried flashing first time today and boy did it waste so many hours. i wish someone would mention that the RUU might not exit properly and that would be the real reason why i can't connect to the phone to flash it again.

anyways i installed R4R rom from scottcrosler's site and i followed GAMedics FAQ on how to unlock and upgrade the radio. I am running OPL2.4 and 3.35 radio. When i turned it on it resetted on its own and configured itself i hope that wasn't the Sprint? I thought this ROM was a Verizon ROM.

When i dial out it says have my credit card ready. does this mean i need a new AKey?

i think this is different from the fail to authenticate message.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: what did i do? "you need a credit card to make external call"

Yes call and have verizon update their system
Old 02-24-2009, 04:10 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Oh god. You probably ran a Sprint ROM because you don't search and read. You probably also let the Sprint customizations run and now you are going to need to learn how to "refurbish" the phone imformation. This is what happens when you rush through and don't search enough. That guide tells you to RESET before those customizations run. Start using the search feature an/or Google.

Do I sound like I am mad? Well, it's not just you, it's a combination of all the other n00bs who dn't search and read...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It might be the sprint stuff but I had this happen when i flashed a dcd rom.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yes it is. You have to revert all the PRI and PRL and Internet settings. I never have had to do it, because I am careful
Old 02-24-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

whoa whoa whoa

we all have to start from somewhere. i went to R4R's site and downloaded the ROM there and it never mentioned what i had to do. i flashed it and left to do other things while waiting. it never even prompted me to proceed past the FAQ's stated configuration.

people follow the guides but the guides don't cover everything.

thanks for the response. does it matter what i tell verizon?

i think i read in xda wiki that you can revert the phone settings as well? is that easier?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:04 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Could he not flash back to a stock verzion rom and let it do all its normal setup stuff?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Mr. Chevy

His EPST settings and a key are the problems and non will be fixed by flashing a verizon stock rom.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

so this is different from AKey? i read that updating the GPS Radio requires a new AKey regardless. I know I have to call that one in, but accidentally programming the phone to Sprint how can calling in help me?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:20 PM
My ROMS On My Site

The A-Key and upgrading to a GPS radio are irrealivent to this situation. You don't even need a new A-Key when upgrading. Just do *22899. You can't just flash a Verizon ROM and let it set it up. You will need to edit the ESPT like stated above, instructions are around, search.

And yes everyone has to start somewhere, but, there a how-to guides around to avoid problems like this. Had you started on your own, it would have been a different story...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan