PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2007, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

KingGanon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to KingGanon
the reason the 6700 had such a high return rate is that no one knew how to use it. I would get people in my store saying the phone is slow, their texting didn't work, and other errors. i would go to PIE, clear the memory, and delete thier sent messages, and thats it. brand new phone. a lot of people don't take the time to learn how to use the phone, and if it doesn't work the way they want a week after purchase, they return it.

Check Out GameFly

RIP Sprint Mogul: 3/3/08
Hello Sprint Touch
Old 06-20-2007, 10:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700->Mogul->Touch Pro

Jact is a n00b
It comes down to, do you want a small device that doesn't have a touchscreen and I think has more limited features, or a slightly bigger device with a touchscreen, a bigger screen, and has almost limitless capabilities (with the help of the users on this board). If you want a phone to compare the Q to it would be the S720 when it is released, which I think kills the Q in all catagories.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
The Q is very much comparable to the 6700/6800 other than touch screen which I didn't use much. My opinion is just that my opinion,but I did spend 2yrs with 6700. You can find bootheresa on any pda forum you can find. I helped research, develop software (some of which I wish I could use on smartphone), but it came down to what these are first and foremost PHONES. When it (6700) would freeze causing you miss however many calls/text/e-mails it was very fustrating. I tried the Q and I couldn't be happier.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
It doesn't come down to size anymore! As I write this, I have my co. Q and personal 6800 in front of me and while the Q is 1/2 as thick, the 22% thinner 6800 (from the 6700) is not a mini-brick anymore. I had it in my pocket for 8 hours yesterday and couldn't even feel it. Granted, my pocket use to carry a 6700 and now doesn't.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

KingGanon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to KingGanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmackdaddy
It doesn't come down to size anymore! As I write this, I have my co. Q and personal 6800 in front of me and while the Q is 1/2 as thick, the 22% thinner 6800 (from the 6700) is not a mini-brick anymore. I had it in my pocket for 8 hours yesterday and couldn't even feel it. Granted, my pocket use to carry a 6700 and now doesn't.
thats probably because ur pocket got stretched out from carrying the mini-brick 6700 that the Mogul just slides in with no problem, lol
Old 06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6600>6700>6800>TP1>Touch Pro2>Evo4g>Evo3D

XIII is a n00b
1st time poster...

I can't imagine owning any phone after using the ppc. It's true that the ppc6600 and ppc6700 were difficult to use, but lately with the new ROM created by the geeks team the ppc6700 were totally different. Like one person has claimed it is truely the world smallest laptop. I have never owned the Q but has seen one and I'm not that impressed. With the 6700 I use today beside the emailing, texing, phoning... also use it for reading magazines, dictionaring, recordring lecture, taking lecture notes, watching movies, playing games, listenning to online radio, watching internet tv. GSP navigating and tethering. I am excited about the 6800 is comming to my door this Friday but I will still have the 6700 in my backpack. It is all about reference. A hyundai and a BMW both has 4 wheels, air conditioning, cruise control ... etc... and can deliver the driver from point A to point B. If an owner of a huyndai is proud of his car, nothing is wrong with that to me. Those of you that crazy about the 6700 or the 6800 please count me in
Old 06-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmackdaddy
thats probably because ur pocket got stretched out from carrying the mini-brick 6700 that the Mogul just slides in with no problem, lol
LOL, yep! Also I just put the 6700 in my pocket and it does feel like a brick!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

viperboy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
...You also will not see the 6800 on a RECALL like sprint just had with over 300 thousand motorola handsets (does your ESN start with a zero.....)...
mine starts with "0x......." is that what you mean? what did they recall them for? mine has been working fine, but i do want a new 6800 and if i mention that my phone was recalled, that'd be a good thing.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Lurker

Q Status is a n00b
so can anyone point in the direction of this whole recall of the Q with an ESN starting with 0. Cause my Q would fall into that, but it's been decent, there are times when i have to do a soft reset or when it just randomly shuts down on me and other small things.

But if i can get a new Q thats going to work better, I want it
Old 06-26-2007, 06:39 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Data & Call Priority

On the Sprint Q (and possibly Verizon) an active EVDO data connection would get priority over a phone call without a hack you had to enter upon each reboot. This means that a call would go to voicemail if you had an active EVDO data connection and a call came through without the hack. The 6800 automatically pauses the data connection and lets the call go through.

On 1x, either phone will send the call to voicemail when there's an active data connection.

On a sidenote, I cannot believe Sprint never fixed that on the q...its common sense tha the majority of people would rather have the call come through.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan