PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

machtenx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to machtenx
what can the Titan do that a Motorola Q can't?

So it's got dual processor, so its got rev A, so its got WM 6. Obviously you'd rather have these things but So what?

I'm just looking from a devil's advocate point of view, are these enhancements just a luxury or are they enabling users to perform new functions that they couldn't perform before?

Any new applications people are able to use? stuff like that... just curious

Thank you
Old 06-19-2007, 02:53 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Well anything you can do with WM6 that you couldn't do with WM5 is one of the things.

Anything that you can do with a PPC and not a Smartphone.

These are different devices, your question probably is what we can do with the 6800 that we cannot do with the 6700 or a WM5 PPC.

The answer is probably, not many. Only the differences between WM6 and WM5 will be the most evident. Besides that, most of the apps will be the same.

Other differences are wi-fi, 2.0 MP camera, and other hardware differences.

But there will not be many differences between the older devices, this is just an upgraded device.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700
Carrier: SprintPCS

sniffs is a n00b
Motorola Q runs smartphone, meaning it cant edit Office documents.. It's probably got a slower processor, less ram, not dual core... it's not touchscreen.. does the Q even have WIFI?

the 6800 is a superior device in almost every way.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffs
Motorola Q runs smartphone, meaning it cant edit Office documents.. It's probably got a slower processor, less ram, not dual core... it's not touchscreen.. does the Q even have WIFI?

the 6800 is a superior device in almost every way.
Actually, editing documents is cake on the Q since we have the WM6 Office installation available for free (ripped from a WM6 rom), so that's not an issue.

Q can't do Wifi, ever.

Is the 6800 a better device in every way? You can't really say that. Fact is, the form-factor is the #1 difference here. If you like the front, easy access keyboard and the ability to carry in a shirt pocket, the Q is better. It's also more "phone-ish" which for some people is a priority over PDA functions.

It just depends where you are coming from (simple cell phone?) and what you need it to do. Both are very capable, have more in common than differences and really come down to personal preference, which strongly implies you need to test them.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700
Carrier: SprintPCS

sniffs is a n00b
I wasnt aware that the Q got Wm6..

I have played around with the Q and it's not a device for me. I guess I should have said "In my opinion"; which I still standby.

True, if you come from a simple phone, chances are you'll have an easier time using the Q vs. a PDA phone.

I, myself, prefer PDA phones because I'm a nerd. I love the 6700 even if it's the size of a brick.. and until the 6800 Wow's me, I'll stick with the 6700.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
Its like comparing God (6800) with a Saint (Q).
Old 06-20-2007, 04:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
If you drop the 6800 it wont go into bootloader mode and need replacing.

You also will not see the 6800 on a RECALL like sprint just had with over 300 thousand motorola handsets (does your ESN start with a zero.....)

Anyways, the reality of it is that the 68 has a touchscreen and the Q does not, it has a larger screen, and better battery life.

As you can see I dont have much love for the Q... i never in my life thought I would live to see the day that our returns on a handset would ever exceed our treo returns.... in comes motorola. In our 50 handset returns the Q is about 20 of them EVERY OTHER DAY with Treo close at about 12-15 and the rest are just misc other handsets. Then add to that the bootloader issue, and then the provisioning issues, and finally the recall, the handset was not well thought out on a hardware level before it was released. I like the form-factor, i like the keyboard and the jogdial....

i ramble.

If you have good luck with your Q ... fantastic, your one of the few, if your trying to make a decision however on a next handset, steer clear of that pile of crap.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thats funny every store rep. and phone rep.(retention and tech.) said the most returned phone is the ppc-6700 and it has been nothing but a nightmare phone. I can't compare to 6800 but I can to the 6700 and the Q has been a dream. I can actually have a nice convesation (hear) without the 6700 dropping calls and freezing. The dial pad on the 6700 and 6800 are a joke, you would think as many people have change to a bigger easier to use dial pad that HTC would have got the hint and follow suit on the 6800. My ENS. # does begin with a 0 and has woked flawlessly (hope I didn't just jinx myself). I do not miss the the touch screen other than copy/paste. In short the Q just works and I am very happy I made the switch. You can actually see the number your dialing in the sunlight (yes i know they change the numbers on the slide out keyboard) but who wantts to slide the keyboard out to make a call. And lets not forget SIZE the 6800 is still huge compared to the Q. I can do just about everything on the Q as my 6700 or the 6800 in much smaller package. If not I will just pull out my laptop plug in my "Q" (pdanet) and GO. This is just my opinion after 2yrs. with the HUGE 6700. I hope I didn't affend any new 6800 (or 6700) users. BOO EDIT: I forgot about the battery with the right settings with stock battery (norm./heavy use) I am getting 3 Days from my Q, on the 6700 12Hrs. max.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro, Palm Pre

CTSLICK is a n00b
The Smartphone version of the OS does not allow appointments and tasks to categorized. This was an absolute deal killer for me on the Q. BTW my 6800 is on its way...out for delivery this morning
Sharp Wizard->Palm IIIx->Casio EM-500->Dell X5 Advanced->PPC 6800
Old 06-20-2007, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch PRO

tbhausen is just getting started
Just got a 6800 but I have to concur the Sprint Q is a great device.

Todd/Indy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan