PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2007, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (6800) 3.35 Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

xmentalx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xmentalx
let me take a look ill get back to you
Old 06-30-2007, 03:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (6800) 3.35 Stock ROM

xmentalx is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to xmentalx
let me take a look ill get back to you

edit:

well i found out the keyboard sliding has some form of a switch that auto sets the rotation registry entries upon opening/closing, so unless the switch can be disabled its a no go
Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperboy
anyone found a fix for the screen rotation? i want it to just stay in landscape all the time.
Yeah the 6700 had the same issue, the only way to do it on the 6700 was to run VJLumos II, which did do the trick but it used part of the camera program and makes your screen super bright. Also I tried and it didn't work on the 6800. If you're using for a specific program I would recommend using Mortscript.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 06-30-2007, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

viperboy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperboy
anyone found a fix for the screen rotation? i want it to just stay in landscape all the time.
Yeah the 6700 had the same issue, the only way to do it on the 6700 was to run VJLumos II, which did do the trick but it used part of the camera program and makes your screen super bright. Also I tried and it didn't work on the 6800. If you're using for a specific program I would recommend using Mortscript.
how do you use mortscript? i'm kinda new to this. you can PM me if you'd rather discuss it there.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:11 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Change ringtone/vibrate/LED flash characteristics

Taken from XDA

Change ringtone/vibrate/LED flash characteristics

If you would like more control over how your device rings/vibrates/flashes its LEDs on events, you can can change the Script values of these events. For example, for an incoming call performing 'activate device, play ringtone, wait 3 seconds, repeat':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "apw3r" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

For performing 'active device, set volume to 33%, play ringtone, set volume to 67%, play ringtone, set volume to 100%, play ringtone (no repeat)':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "ac33pc67pc100p" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

The following are the full codes available to you. Please note that all the codes are executed simultaneously except after a ringtone play / wait code. E.g. 'v1p' will vibrate and play at the same time, while vibrating for 1 second. But 'pv1' will play the ringtone through all the way first, then start vibrating for 1 second.

a = activate device
cN = set volume to N in percentage max volume
fN = flash notification LED for N seconds
p = play ringtone. Note that this will play the ringtone all the way through before continuing with the next code.
r = repeat. Note that this should be the last code in your Script string, if used at all.
vN = vibrate for N seconds
wN = wait for N seconds. Note that the device will wait this long before continuing with the next code.

NOTE: I tried this on my 6800 and changed the v0 to v1 and now it doesn't have just one long vibrate. v0 sets it to vibrate always.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 AM

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
FIX THE SLOW RINGER

I found the instructions below on another website. I tried it on my 6800 and it worked like a charm. The time it took for my phone to start ringing was cut in half. If you don't have your MSL, you will have to try to get it out of Sprint customer service.

FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)
Old 07-01-2007, 03:23 AM

Change scroll bar size

I chose a value of 9 for these and it requires a reboot before they take effect. You can play with the values to your liking:

Change scroll bar size

Navigate to HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\ and tweak the following values.
cyHScr : Horizontal Scrollbars Height in pixels (default is 13)
cxVScr : Vertical Scrollbars Width in pixels (default is 13)
Old 07-01-2007, 04:10 AM

Save Attachments or the Whole Email on your SD Card

I only used the reg string AttachPath so my attachments go to the SD and my email stays on the phone's memory.

Save Attachments or the Whole Email on your SD Card

The Key in WM6 changed from WM5. In WM6 it is:

HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings

For Attachments add "AttachPath" value="\Storage Card\Inbox\Attachments" datatype="string"

For the rest of the email add "PropertyPath" value="\Storage Card\Inbox" datatype="string"

For the paths above to work, you need to have the Inbox folder and Attachments subfolder created already. You must reboot for them to take effect.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:18 AM
N00b

iammike is a n00b
I'm looking for the reg hack that hides the connecting to EVDO dialog popup. I've seen it before somewhere back in my Treo days but can't find it now.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tneck22 is a n00b
registry changes not changing anything

i am using PHM to do #5(disable message pop-up notification) and the registry change to allow you to set up your own SLIDING KEYBOARD sound.

I have made the changes and soft reset but nothing has changed. sometimes the changes will be gone in phm, but even if they "stick," no new choice for keyboard sound and I am still getting mssg sent pop-ups.

Any suggestions?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan