PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: altell 6800

slimppc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: internet sharing 6800 to xbox360

Adrianh, Thanks for taking the time to check on that. I'll keep looking around and see what can be done. There has to be a way to do it without using my laptop to get the connection.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: altell 6800

slimppc is a n00b

I finally got it to work. Played Gears of war 2 and Call of Duty 5 last night for hours. I searched everywhere in the registry where anything mtu related could be. I never found anything. All I ended up having to do was add a Dword "MTU" with a value of 1450 in HKLM\Comm\TNETW12511\Parm\Tcpip.

Now I'm going to try tweaking the settings a bit to see if I can smooth out the latency. If I got into big gun fights with multiple characters it ended up lagging pretty bad. However, if I sat back and Sniped it worked like a charm!! Unfortunately I don't have REV A where I'm at yet so that was all on 3 bars of EVDO.

Anyone have any ideas on what to tweak to increase latency? I'm very new to the mobile tweaking world so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Get into a Rev. A area.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

diterex is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
Or you can go the totally free and better app in my opinion is ICS control v0.21

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047

Dl and copy the ics control file to the storage card or install the cab file.

Step 1 go into settings > wifi > Menu > add new and create an ad-hoc(peer 2 peer) connection name it whatever you want to show up as.
save and exit.

Step 2 turn on wifi if not already on.

step 3 launch the ics control program set the first dropdown to cellular line and the second one to tnetw11(wifi)

step 4 set to auto connect to network with the check mark.

step 5 save settings bottom right. then click start (within the program)

step 6 is just like step 2 with wmwifirouter... the fist 4 steps only needs to be done the first time you do this to create the network so ics can broadcast the internet signal network you created. from that point on u can just launch ics and turn on wifi and should work easily it does not require config every time only if u want to change some settings. Uses tcp/ip stack to talk directly to the modem and will not requre the use of third party solutions
I was a little unclear about step 4. Which of the options do I choose in the drop down box for the auto connect? I have "Sprint, My Work Network, My ISP, Work, Secure WAP Network, The WAP network and Internet."
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by diterex View Post
I was a little unclear about step 4. Which of the options do I choose in the drop down box for the auto connect? I have "Sprint, My Work Network, My ISP, Work, Secure WAP Network, The WAP network and Internet."
You're in the EVDO modem dialup screen. Look for the wi-fi settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan