PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: internet sharing 6800 to xbox360

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboy69 View Post
The way that I have gotten xbox live to work is to bridge the connections. As I stated I use Vista Ultimate 64bit but it should be the same for all of the Vistas. Plug your xbox into the ethernet port on your laptop/pc.Highlight your connection either the wireless/ICS phone (depending if youre using Wifirouter or ICS via USB) and ethernet. Right click on it and click on bridge. Should work. If not try turning off you xbox and turning it back on. Disable/enable the ethernet for a fresh start. And walla should work. Make sure you xbox setting are set to automatic for IP and DNS.

You can just use the phone by itself. However you need to use WMwifirouter on your phone and a wireless adapter on your xbox. Make sure your phone is plugged into the wall for it to charge. The battery will slowly drain even though it is plugged into the wall but it isnt very fast.
yeah im tring to do this with the laptop in the loop i really dont want to have to spend like 70 - 100 dollars for the wirless adaptor( but i did just flash my fon 2100 router with dd-wrt so i might make a wireless adaptor with that)!!
but when i bridge the two connections i dont get any data packets sent over wifirouter!!

Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

hackattack is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hackattack Send a message via MSN to hackattack

I've got 2 different batteries and they both get drained in about the same amount of time. I really wish there was a way around this. Like if there was a way to hotwire the mogul so you could use it without a battery. I've been using this for a couple of weeks since my internet has been down.

I've played Halo3 and COD5 online with my 360, even watched streaming netflix. Netflix is a little tricky and lags to hell, but once you get it going it's great. I can just about watch a whole movie before my batteries drain.

I still need to check how long it will run starting with a full charge.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

mine runs hot how do i safly stop that?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

if you have dd-wrt and want to use that as a wireless ethernet bridge on the 360 its easy. u don't have to use wmwifirouter unless you want.

Step 1 use wmwifirouter.

Step 2 go into your routers config webpage in ddwrt for wireles status "http://192.168.*.*/Status_Wireless.asp" replace stars with your 2 digit setup normally 1.1 or 0.1 enter your router password default for dd-wrt is root/admin click the site survey button ... then click join on the wmwifirouter signal.... wait for the config page to change to wireless settings and hit apply. wait about 30 seconds and whateve is connected to the ethernet ports of the router will be sharing the mogul internet connection. You won't be able to use wifi from the router to connect wireless devices as the wifi is connected directly to the mogul kind of a wireless Wan cable type connection.

Or you can go the totally free and better app in my opinion is ICS control v0.21

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047

Dl and copy the ics control file to the storage card or install the cab file.

Step 1 go into settings > wifi > Menu > add new and create an ad-hoc(peer 2 peer) connection name it whatever you want to show up as.
save and exit.

Step 2 turn on wifi if not already on.

step 3 launch the ics control program set the first dropdown to cellular line and the second one to tnetw11(wifi)

step 4 set to auto connect to network with the check mark.

step 5 save settings bottom right. then click start (within the program)

step 6 is just like step 2 with wmwifirouter... the fist 4 steps only needs to be done the first time you do this to create the network so ics can broadcast the internet signal network you created. from that point on u can just launch ics and turn on wifi and should work easily it does not require config every time only if u want to change some settings. Uses tcp/ip stack to talk directly to the modem and will not requre the use of third party solutions
Old 12-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

forgot to mention lower screen brightness all the way down, and leave keyboard out(open) will lower power requirements and or keep heat down.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Use a fan to reduce heat.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Use a fan to reduce heat.
who wants to have a fan running all night just for a moblie device??!!!! thats crazy theres got to be a better way. is there a way to power the mogal with out the battery inserted?
Old 12-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
if you have dd-wrt and want to use that as a wireless ethernet bridge on the 360 its easy. u don't have to use wmwifirouter unless you want.

Step 1 use wmwifirouter.

Step 2 go into your routers config webpage in ddwrt for wireles status "http://192.168.*.*/Status_Wireless.asp" replace stars with your 2 digit setup normally 1.1 or 0.1 enter your router password default for dd-wrt is root/admin click the site survey button ... then click join on the wmwifirouter signal.... wait for the config page to change to wireless settings and hit apply. wait about 30 seconds and whateve is connected to the ethernet ports of the router will be sharing the mogul internet connection. You won't be able to use wifi from the router to connect wireless devices as the wifi is connected directly to the mogul kind of a wireless Wan cable type connection.

Or you can go the totally free and better app in my opinion is ICS control v0.21

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047

Dl and copy the ics control file to the storage card or install the cab file.

Step 1 go into settings > wifi > Menu > add new and create an ad-hoc(peer 2 peer) connection name it whatever you want to show up as.
save and exit.

Step 2 turn on wifi if not already on.

step 3 launch the ics control program set the first dropdown to cellular line and the second one to tnetw11(wifi)

step 4 set to auto connect to network with the check mark.

step 5 save settings bottom right. then click start (within the program)

step 6 is just like step 2 with wmwifirouter... the fist 4 steps only needs to be done the first time you do this to create the network so ics can broadcast the internet signal network you created. from that point on u can just launch ics and turn on wifi and should work easily it does not require config every time only if u want to change some settings. Uses tcp/ip stack to talk directly to the modem and will not requre the use of third party solutions
i will try this tonight i have tried to connect my fon 2100 dd-wrt route to my home wireless router and was unsucessful so i wanted to see if there was a different way so i hope this works
Old 12-19-2008, 05:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: altell 6800

slimppc is a n00b

New to the forum. Looks like the place that might have an answer. I've tried using my 6800 with wmwifirouter to get on xbox live but keep getting an mtu error on the xbox stating that the mtu isn't high enough. Does anyone else have this issue, and is there any way to edit the mtu setting? Thanks for any help in advance!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Threadstarter

Well i contacted microsoft thru the xbox.com website and this is the respondce that i got. basically they are saying that at this time they dont know how to make this work!!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 09-25-2009 at 12:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan