PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Exclamation Re: internet sharing 6800 to xbox360

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboy69 View Post
Second you can use ICS i use vista ultimate 64bit and Mogul connected via usb. Connect the 360 via ithernet cable to the laptop go into networking and bridge the two connections the Mogul connection and ethernet connection. And your up and running. I have spent hours on my mogul with little issue.
in this setup do i connect my xbox 360 to my computer using a patch or crossover cable?

Also is ics the only program i need to have running?

when i have used ics in the past i could never get it working( i think it was because i dont know the settings to setup the moblie device with) can u post or pm me a screen shot of ur ics connection settings for this to work?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: internet sharing 6800 to xbox360

Holy crap, that was easy. I was reading this thread, and just realized i might be able to play on xbox live through may laptop connected to wmwifirouter. Sure enough, got my laptop connected through wmwifirouter, plugged in the the ethernet cable to laptop and xbox 360, and that's it, now signed into live. I can't belive it works this well. Worst part is, i've been without wireless for a few months and had really missed being on live. I feel like a huge moron. Thanks to everyone who posted some help in this thread.
dschoenike

Old 11-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

hackattack is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hackattack Send a message via MSN to hackattack

WmWifiRouter FTW!

I've got sprint and playing my xbox360 online was great! I had to call a couple of times to double check that I didn't have a cap just to make sure. This is freaking awesome. I wish I had paid more attention to these threads months ago.

I could only get it to work through wifi on my laptop, but not pc. I was able to use usb for the pc and I shared the connection. I tried bridging the connections and I couldn't get it to work.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

im running vista home preium and when i connect my 360 to my laptop via ethernet the connect my laptop to wmwifirouter via wifi i cannot get online can someone that has this working please help?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:54 AM
Lurker

hackattack is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hackattack Send a message via MSN to hackattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianh85 View Post
im running vista home preium and when i connect my 360 to my laptop via ethernet the connect my laptop to wmwifirouter via wifi i cannot get online can someone that has this working please help?
I got it working that way with XP, you have to share the wireless conection or bridge the 2 connections. Goodluck with Vista.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackattack View Post
I got it working that way with XP, you have to share the wireless conection or bridge the 2 connections. Goodluck with Vista.
yeah i got that to work flawlessly on my moms xp laptop but my vista laptop is a no go and i dont know why!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Qwest

Steezy is a n00b

What about a direct connection? 6800 to Xbox 360? Is that possible? (meaning no pc involved.)
Old 12-01-2008, 12:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deboy69 is a n00b

The way that I have gotten xbox live to work is to bridge the connections. As I stated I use Vista Ultimate 64bit but it should be the same for all of the Vistas. Plug your xbox into the ethernet port on your laptop/pc.Highlight your connection either the wireless/ICS phone (depending if youre using Wifirouter or ICS via USB) and ethernet. Right click on it and click on bridge. Should work. If not try turning off you xbox and turning it back on. Disable/enable the ethernet for a fresh start. And walla should work. Make sure you xbox setting are set to automatic for IP and DNS.

You can just use the phone by itself. However you need to use WMwifirouter on your phone and a wireless adapter on your xbox. Make sure your phone is plugged into the wall for it to charge. The battery will slowly drain even though it is plugged into the wall but it isnt very fast.

Last edited by deboy69; 12-01-2008 at 12:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Qwest

Steezy is a n00b

Thats pretty nifty! I dont need to worry about my battery life though, my mogul just gets hot when im downloading constantly, but I also get a full battery with no drainage. I must have a good battery?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy View Post
What about a direct connection? 6800 to Xbox 360? Is that possible? (meaning no pc involved.)
i have tryed that two ways #1 staight usb And #2 using a female usb to ethernet adaptor and nothing worked!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4X-USB-Female-...1%7C240%3A1318

Last edited by Adrianh85; 12-01-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: bad spelling

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan