PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10
Carrier: Sprint

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint insurance sent me a touch

I just got a new Mogul (in box) sent to me for a 4 yr old 6700. At first they told me i would get a refurb'd 6700. So I told them that the rep in account services said i would "most likely" get an "updated" or "newer phone". So they got me to the next rep "up". She then said I could select between a new touch and/or a Mogul. I took the Mogul. I will call tomorrow and try to get them to send a Diamond since the price is virtually the same. I have been paying TEP on this 6700 for 4 years. I also own a diamond and a mogul. If they send me a diamond i will make a claim on my mogul for this ridiculous keyboard issue (press a key once see the letter 5 times) that came with the 6.1 upgrade.

Hopefully I'll end up with 3 diamonds, then I'll exchange 1 for a Pro.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

yismoh is a n00b

I had the same problem, I visited sprint store yesterday and changed my phone to new one and gave to me the box with acc.I don't paid nothing
Old 10-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
At this point I actually wish my Titan was broken and somebody would send me a touch. I finally found a gps program I like and this POS runs out of memory after about 30 minutes of usage.
Use nuerom3... I run all sorts of stuff and it never shuts anything down. Still has plenty of available memory and still fast.
Run iGo8 with voices and Freecaddie and never had a problem especially with iGo

People end up getting the touch sometimes when they run out of moguls. I wouldnt want a touch though because no keyboard.
Ive tried to use the keyboard on the screen and it is nearly impossible.

They should send you a mogul.... It also depends on the warehouse it comes from. Im on my 5th mogul and I have never got a touch. Matter of fact I just got my refurb mogul yesterday. Before I had replaced my ppc6700 2 times.. Complained about the crappy refurb both times and pretty much demanded they send me a new in box phone thats how I ended up with the mogul.

But in the mean time until they send you a mogul check out a program like TouchPal or something like that. Something with a more finger friendly input panel. Could also use PocketCM keyboard with some skins. That should help you out if you email alot at work.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

0wolfe is a n00b

heh....heres a good tread for you to check out...He says he got a Pro out of the deal....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38414
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

I wish we could combine the keyboard wifi and flash of the mogul with ram and flush mounted screen of the touch we could call it the "Togul"
Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by soinkster View Post
I wish we could combine the keyboard wifi and flash of the mogul with ram and flush mounted screen of the touch we could call it the "Togul"

Or its called Touch Pro
Old 10-20-2008, 07:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

0wolfe is a n00b

Wha??? no freakin way...a pro??
Old 10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
Use nuerom3... I run all sorts of stuff and it never shuts anything down. Still has plenty of available memory and still fast.
Run iGo8 with voices and Freecaddie and never had a problem especially with iGo
I will have to give Nuerom a try. Ive been using JDs rom but its still right on the edge running IGO8 (how did you know).
Old 10-20-2008, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Firon is just getting started

nueROM3 in the high memory mode is amazing. Sure, you lose the camera, but the extra RAM makes a huge difference.

Also, for those of you with the keyboard repeating keys with one keypress, installing the keyboard driver fix will help with that.
But if the keys are unresponsive, all you can do is get a replacement. I had to do that.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul

princelton is a n00b

I am on my 2nd brand new mougal, both were insurance replacments for the 6700 I bought last fall off of craigslist..... the first one I just went in to my local sprint store, they ordered it, called me 2 days later and I got all of the accessories with it box, headset, y adapter, charger, case, sd card.... the second one I called *2 and they told me to call htc... for a warranty replacment?? so I called and waited 1/2hour to find out that In order to warranty it id have to send phone in for repair, no loaner...??? so I called *2 again and they then told me id have to call the ins. company.... again on hold to find out id have to mail it in and wait, and again no loaner..... so I looked up the #, and called the sprint store, asked for the manager, told him my tale, he said to come in the following day.... I did and again a brand new mogul (not refurbed) and again he let me keep all the acccesories..... im done with *2.... OH, he also told me that they would insure ANY damage w/o a dedctable as long as it was in less than 4 separate pieces.... that deductale was only for lost/stolen/or submerged phones!
P.s. if your phone is ever stolen the'll want a police report and a bunch of drama,(friend went through it all)But if lost none of it, just the deductable......

Last edited by princelton; 10-21-2008 at 12:12 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan