PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 02:51 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a way to manipulate GPS data?

this is actually a great topic.. I understand completely, and would love it if my dispatcher(s) could just see where I am instead of calling to ask. I have thought about trying to push the issue, but it's cases like this that made me hold off.

also nobody mentioned the carrier's potential liability. shouldn't the user still have control of somethings even though it's on a busness account.. I'm assuming the user can't log into the site.. I don't remember being able to, but that was several years ago. my account now.

to me if life were perfect you & "the business" could "agree" on the site to work hours, and outside those hours you only get txt/vm..

heck, they could even sell it as a "time-clock" service.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

probably easier to fool whatever software is on the phone that he is interfacing with.....
Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Threadstarter

ah33919 is a n00b

Thanks for your input. I would really like to address this from a technical standpoint rather than a legal because #1...I need my job and #2...I really can't afford an attorney to open a civil case. and finally #3.....I really need my job. Does the Sprint family locator service even use any software/application on the phone or does it just use the data that's being sent by the phone to the Sprint network whether it's GPS or Assisted GPS? Obviously I can disable the GPS but can the same be done for the A GPS? Or as I mentioned earlier, turn off the A GPS and enable the GPS but with "stored" or "manipulated" coordinates. BTW 5 person shop......no HR dept. Thanks again.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

This would be soooo funny to do. Sending your boss to some crazy location.

LOL

If he just shows up sometimes. Put your coordinates and a couple of the co-workers at some male strip club. Then have everybody waiting outside in an unknown car watching your boss going in. If you have that kind of funny relationship with your boss. I know I could do it to my boss and he would laugh at it in the end.
You could then takes pics etc of him going in and the look of on his face when he immediately comes back out. LMAO

That would teach him. But I completely understand where your coming from. I wouldnt want my boss seeing some of the stuff I do in my spare time.

Just an idea.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ah33919 is a n00b

That's exactly what I would like to do. He does have a sense of humor but he tends to lean towards the ignorant side. Even if I could "shut him down" at will (without physically powering the phone off) and even tell him that I'm doing it, he would call the application/service a "piece of sh*t" and stop using it. He actually thinks he's Albert Einstein because he came up with this new "toy".
Old 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

It's a company phone. Turn it off, or leave it on in your home when you are off. Me, I'd turn it off.

You cannot override the location reporting between the phone and the tower, that's used for e911 and happens (one would hope) at the radio level. You *can* stop it by turning off the phone. Or putting it in flight mode. You can also physically place the phone wherever you want to draw your boss. A dumpster in a really bad neighborhood comes to mind.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ah33919 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
It's a company phone. Turn it off, or leave it on in your home when you are off. Me, I'd turn it off.

You cannot override the location reporting between the phone and the tower, that's used for e911 and happens (one would hope) at the radio level. You *can* stop it by turning off the phone. Or putting it in flight mode. You can also physically place the phone wherever you want to draw your boss. A dumpster in a really bad neighborhood comes to mind.
Okay so maybe not override but possibly disable....So what you're saying is that there is GPS, A GPS, and another type of location reporting and more importantly, does anybody know if Sprint locator service use this third type of location reporting method? Thanks for the dumpster idea but then I'd have to retreive it the following morning.

Last edited by ah33919; 09-26-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just turn the location setting off?
Old 09-27-2008, 03:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
yeah.. try that. y didnt i think of that
Old 09-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ah33919 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
That's an "Obvious" solution......Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan