View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 02:05 PM
shadow-tech
Regular 'Geeker

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a way to manipulate GPS data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah33919 View Post
Is there a way to manipulate GPS data on a 6800? I would like to be able to either manually input or store (freeze) coordinates and somehow disable the phones ability to update its GPS location rather than just turning the GPS function off. I know that when using Sprints tracking software they also have the ability to triangulate your location using cell towers but if the phones GPS is actually transmitting stored (bogus) or preset data wouldn't that eliminate the "need" for triangulation because of the lack of GPS data? Thanks in advance.
just tell us what u are trying to do, cause this doesnt make sense to me.

gps data is not transmitted. it received. is this a company phone that is tracked and u want to falsify your location when the boss checks up on ya?

if this is a business phone, i doubt the gps is even enabled. it requires a mod to enable it. so they are probably using the cell towers to find you anyways. the only thing that might work is to disable the tacking all together. that would be done by using qpst to turn all the gpsone settings off. or just take the battery out.

gps spoof, defiantly a new one for me.