PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: new job does not allow camera phones

Seriously i would have them get you the "zack morris" (you know the big gray brick w/an antenna) or some other dumb*** cheap phone then leave your mogul in the car/house whatever...

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 09-05-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: masking profanity
Old 07-14-2008, 08:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Shawng2020 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Seriously i would have them get you the "zack morris" (you know the big gray brick w/an antenna) or some other dumbass cheap phone then leave your mogul in the car/house whatever...
Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

If having a cell phone at work is an essential function of your job, then they have to provide you with one. If they don't want to do that, then just stop carrying one... they'll figure it out the first time they can't get ahold of you.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i would quit...... LOL JK

but seriouslly, its unfair for a job to make you get rid of your PPC, the least they can do is to provide a work phone, or a model that you can use so you san keep the Mogul
Old 07-14-2008, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid INCREDIBLE raped my bb storm
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

sprintrjm is a n00b

I guess i could just keep the phone, and have them buy me a regular ol tele.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

just get the backberry 8830< it is no mogul but at least you will a have decent phone without a camera
Old 07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

heh... at&t has always had cameraless versions of all their pdas for this very reason... I believe they have a cameraless tilt out there somewhere....
Old 07-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Is the policy strictly enforced? My wifes last job said that they could not have a camera phone, but no one ever did anything about it. I think the worst they could do I make her put it in her car, I highly doubt they can take it away forever.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 07-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Leave it in the car, look at it this way, someone steals the car you can track it.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-14-2008, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

After serving 14 years in the secure communications environment of the Air Force, and dealing with this daily, I'm sure the job is not saying the OP cannot have a camera phone, just that they are not allowed on the premises/in the building. IF the OP is required to have a mobile phone while at work, then any company requiring it SHOULD provide it or subsidize the cost of a personal one. Not that they will see it that way necessarily. (Beware the thought of thinking the company is lax in enforcing their security policy though, if you do carry it and they have documentation stating that it can be confiscated, then you're SOL if you get caught, and if your job is anything like working in a SCIF in the DoD world, you won't get it back unless you're buddies with someone.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan