PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 04:50 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OFFICAL: Picture Mail coming to the Sprint Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
I don't want to have to install something every 30 days
well generally speaking i tend to end up installing something every 30 days, be it either a new game someone hooked me up with or some new chat client, or because i just flashed a new no2chem rom and it doesn't have my fav apps, etc. While i understand your point, i also understand WHY someguyMMS has set the timebomb. That being said though, it will be great once an application (be it someguy's or another developed app) that offers the same service is produced WITHOUT a timebomb...

just a few worthless cents...
Old 05-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
who cares! With programs like sMMS and its developers, why do we even need Sprint. sMMS does what Sprint is trying to do, but now (and probably better, lets be honest)
that was a pretty rediculous statment, why would someone prefer to rely on a hack to hold us until the official release is out? what kind of logic is that? sometimes people say things that dont make that much since an sorry but this is def one of em, mainly the part where you stated "why do we even need sprint" considering how every rom and update is based off the ones that SPRINT leaked out

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 05-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
that was a pretty rediculous statment, why would someone prefer to rely on a hack to hold us until the official release is out? what kind of logic is that? sometimes people say things that dont make that much since an sorry but this is def one of em, mainly the part where you stated "why do we even need sprint" considering how every rom and update is based off the ones that SPRINT leaked out
But keep in mind that the ROM you are running is hacked.
Its not official.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
But keep in mind that the ROM you are running is hacked.
Its not official.
hacked the SPRINT rom, if sprint didnt release anything we'd have no rom to hack.. all im saying is, why would one prefer a hacked downgraded version compared to the official thing that is soon to come? smms is not true picture mail, its still using e-mail.. its a good other option but what would be the purpose to continue using it once the real thing is back?

Last edited by blue4shizzle; 05-18-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile/Sprint

live_in_the_sky06 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
hacked the SPRINT rom, if sprint didnt release anything we'd have no rom to hack.. all im saying is, why would one prefer a hacked downgraded version compared to the official thing that is soon to come? smms is not true picture mail, its still using e-mail.. its a good other option but what would be the purpose to continue using it once the real thing is back?
I agree with blue4shizzle. i want the real thing. sMMS is good. but give me the official ROM so i can save space on my device.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by live_in_the_sky06 View Post
I agree with blue4shizzle. i want the real thing. sMMS is good. but give me the official ROM so i can save space on my device.
Save space? You probably have a hundred times the 413k that sMMs takes up in pics, music, themes, animated gifs, that you don't use already on it.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

hawkins31313 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to hawkins31313

lsm420 im with you!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

While we wait... and wait...and wait heheh. I got these from a Sprint rep and put them in for the contacts (only really a few) who I send pics to frequently.

Phones
(phone#)@pm.sprintpcs.com
(phone#)@vzwpix.com
(phone#)@tmomail.net
(phone#)@mms.att.com

or (for older service gateways)
(phone#)@mms.mycingular.com

PDA
(phone#)@mobile.att.net

PDA (other possibly blackberry?)
(phone#)@dtcs.mobile.att.net
Old 06-23-2008, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Did anyone notice that there is no mention of RECEIVING Picture mail on a WM device? SMMS works fine for sending pictures, but I hate having to click on a link and go to a URL to view something that someone has sent me. All-in-all, this still sucks.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:00 PM
N00b

cdigitaldetroit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
Did anyone notice that there is no mention of RECEIVING Picture mail on a WM device? SMMS works fine for sending pictures, but I hate having to click on a link and go to a URL to view something that someone has sent me. All-in-all, this still sucks.
Check out the new sMMS. It downloads everything automatically.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan