PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 07:51 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any former Touch users?

I still say stick with the Motorola DynaTAC 8000x

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-05-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
I just switched friday to a mogul. I absolutely LOVE the Mogul. Much more than the touch, although no complaints with the 128MB of RAM on the Touch. Keyboard, Wifi, and Rev. A can't be beat. I know the Vogue is getting Rev. A and GPS and already has it somewhat but Mogul is where it's at.
I totally agree with this statement. Well put
Old 05-06-2008, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MrBogard is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
I have a Mogul and have only played with the Touch.

To be honest, I like the Touch's form factor (though the Mogul is no way near as bulky as some people make it out to be), and I like the memory it has.

This weekend, I installed Resco Keyboard, Touchpal, and PCM Keyboard, since I like to type one handed when typing in URLS and quick text. (I use the slide out for longer texts and word docs). I mention this because I tried them all with the screen rotated to see if they could be used on the Touch.

Yep, lol. I could type just fine with Resco Keyboard with the "I"-Whatever" skin. In fact, the keyboard size kinda reminds me of my Palm Treo. Maybe that's why I could type fast with it. (The Mogul's keyboard is noticeably larger and while it fits comfortably in my hands, it was tough to get used to at first).

I type the above just to say this: I do alot of Gaming (just installed Madden NFL a few minutes ago, lol), I cannot game with the Touch. That's the deal breaker with me.

The lack of buttons on the Touch rules it our for a future purchase. I was considering it for the memory, because coming from a Palm device, this memory management thing is stupid.

With that said, if you don't do gaming, than try the Touch with either Resco Keyboard with the I-Skin (or whatever the name, the skins included, lol), or even PCM Keyboard. You'll be fine with that set up. WiFi is cool, but not necessary because you presumably will have Rev.A . The only time WiFi is really useful IMO is if you're in a foreign country and decide to use Skype, or if you have real ****ty Sprint signal, and want to go online.

If you do enjoy gaming, I just want to be clear that the Mogul is just fine for the most part. As long as you close out all other apps, you'll be just fine. The one drawback I can think of is that some, and I mean some games require more memory than the Mogul actually has, lol!

Like Atlantis Redux. It needs 20MB free just to run. I boot at around 23-24. I will install this later, but I'm not sure if the gameplay will be very responsive, we'll see.

Another is Egyptian Prophecy - The Fate of Ramses. It needs 22MB free to run.

But in any case, those games, and the others like them are the minority (RPG games mostly). Madden NFL 2006 runs just fine, lol!

I should also note that I love my Mogul, just not the memory problems. (While I love the Touch form factor, I think the Mogul actually looks better and more professional)

I will also note that there are exceptions to gameplaying with the Touch. What I mean is, games like TomeRaider have on screen buttons. I think the Pocket NES Emulator can have on screen buttons too, but don't quote me on that, lol I like SNES and Genesis.

Midnight ramble over, lol!

~Journey
I find the mogul to be a very iffy gaming platform, thanks to the crap directdraw performance--the Touch has the same issue though. I love my mogul, but it doesn't even run Wolfenstein well thanks to the horrible video problems.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JUSTinOC is a n00b

I just recently got my Mogul and I love this thing! Granted I was upgrading from a Q which obviously was a BIG difference. I was also in the same delima for a few days. Touch or Mogul? I ended up choosing the Mogul due to the full keyboard. I personally just didn't like the idea of an on-screen keyboard. But also like they mentioned...you got 30 days if you change your mind on either one.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch a pro with diamonds..

PPCCHIEF33 is a n00b

I take back my statement of touch is "total garbage" however I do tech work for sprint and have seen nothing but problems from the touch. I am only trying to help users out by steering them away from a phone that i physically have seen do what it wants... when it wants. Initially when it came out i loved the idea of the touch, touch flo was a good idea but in configuring the touch for ceartain apps I ran into many problems. It could be just me but then again i was just stating my opinion. I also have an instinct now (perks of the job) and thats is why i was saying If you are looking for a device from sprint that is predominatley touch screen but better functionality the instinct is it. I love my 6800 though and would not substitute my 6800 for anything.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:35 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I started off with a Mogul, then convinced eCare to trade it for the Touch, then when I had the Touch, I knew I'd miss the Mogul and convinced them to give me the Touch for the 200 new customer pricing instead of a straight trade.

My reasoning: I just can't get used to the onscreen keyboard only. Its great most of the time but its really a pain in the *** when you're trying to put in web addresses, type long texts or emails, etc. The screen wasn't responsive 100% of the time which would cause me to have to constantly check what was being typed on the screen.

Also, the build quality on the Touch wasn't so great. Within a month of getting it, dark circles appeared on the screen. Then after I sold it to a friend, the touchscreen died entirely like three weeks later and he just swapped it for a brand new one at the Sprint store.

The battery life on the Touch was unacceptable to me and I also missed having wifi. The GPS was icing on the cake but wasn't originally part of my reason for switching since it hadn't been released yet.

Overall, I am considering picking up another Touch just for the sole reason that they've got Android running on it. I work around the memory problem on my Mogul pretty well and don't really have any issues. Plus since going to no2chem's 5066 ROM, my device is actually faster than the Touch was.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 05-12-2008, 02:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

My Touch has been perfect for me whereas I was having problems with the Mogul. For the most part the Mogul was a good phone, but when I have them both side-by-side, I fell in love with the Touch. And a lot of times, I used the on-screen keyboard more than the slide out keyboard on my mogul and I barely used wifi. And this was before either had GPS so that wasn't a factor
Old 05-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

ericsu09 is a n00b

I was debating this as well. I ended up going with the Touch and I haven't had any problems with it so far. At first I was reluctant due to the lack of an actual keyboard but there are many programs out there to customize the touch-keyboard to your likings. I personally use Touchpal. As for speed, I like the touch's response alot better. I played around with the mogul and when you switched from portrait to landscape, it was pretty slow. As far as functionality goes, You can get Rev A and GPS and all that stuff through aftermarket ROMS. Also, the size played a factor to me, being a college student and always on the go, the lightness of the touch really helps. Hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

klozowski is a n00b

i had a vogue for 3 weeks, now own a mogul. best thing about the mogul: you can credibly write e-mails. (speed, screen real-estate). second best thing about the mogul: you don't need to be one of those stylus-using fruitcakes.

best thing about the vogue: RAM. second best thing about the vogue: RAM. oh, and did i mention the RAM? like the elegant form factor too but it's not worth the lack of keyboard.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Both the Mogul and Touch are useless...

The Motorola Q is superior is all aspects!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan