PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

dhyte is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any former Touch users?

I'm switching from Verizon to sprint and am debating between the Mogul and Touch.

Just curious if any of you were former owners of the Touch?
Why did you switch?

Now that it appears GPS mod is available for Touch, is it any more attractive?

With some of the "best practices" for managing memory resources for the Mogul, is this still an issue at all?

Any other advice would be appreciated. They both look like great phones.

Dan

Last edited by dhyte; 05-04-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: Any former Touch users?

i will own both i have had my mogul for about 8months and honestly the memory depends on what kind of user you are if like to load alot programs and fun stuff on there then memory management can be a pain i know because i amthat kinda person. i have no2chems 5065 loaded on my phone and he has done great things with the memory and wm6.1 is good on memory management. now if you dont load many programs on the phone then putting wm6.1 on the phone along with the few programs then you will be fine. but i am getting the touch because because it has twice the ram and it is thinner which is good for that running habit i have.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch a pro with diamonds..

PPCCHIEF33 is a n00b

Touch is Garbage... Good concept bad follow through Had touch since it came out recently switched back to mogul less problems less dropped calls touch often does not ring at all default settings are set so that when you press end key several times automatically goes into airplane mode. Touch Flo is good i like the ability to scroll between apps and scrolling inside email. If you mod your 6800 right though little to no problems getting it to manuever just like the touch. Battery life also horrible Extended battery is a joke compared to 6800 extended battery. If you want an all touch screen device that does things similar to iphone wait for the Samsung instinct (June 0 definitely a more sound investment.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started

I just switched friday to a mogul. I absolutely LOVE the Mogul. Much more than the touch, although no complaints with the 128MB of RAM on the Touch. Keyboard, Wifi, and Rev. A can't be beat. I know the Vogue is getting Rev. A and GPS and already has it somewhat but Mogul is where it's at.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23

mogul/touch history: mogul for 5 months, touch for 2 months, mogul for 2 months, right now touch activated 3 days ago, im switching back to my mogul permanently tomorrow. more ram is nice but damn this whole no kb is killing me, its ok if you type a couple txt and emails in english, but if you text about 20 times a day, and reply a couple of emails in spanish the touch can be very inconvenient.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

MightyM0use is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MightyM0use Send a message via MSN to MightyM0use

I have the touch and have had a 6700 in the past. I don't text a lot so the touch is right for me because of it's size compared to the mogul. I liked the 6700 while I had it but it was too big to be convenient for me. I know your thinking of the mogul but the 6700 isn't all that much bigger and has a similar interface. I have the spb full screen keyboard on my touch and I think it works nearly as well as a dedicated physical keyboard. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

zaya is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCCHIEF33 View Post
Touch is Garbage... wait for the Samsung instinct (June 0 definitely a more sound investment.
WOW!!!! Those are very BOLD statements! Is the Instinct even a WM device? How can you say it is d"efinitely a more sound investment" when none of us have used one?

Just do your research and pick one. If you find it doesnt suit your needs you have the first 30 days after your purchase to change your mind. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Livin' Dangerously

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i currently have a mogul and i use touchpal for texting 99.9% of the time. alot of my text happen during class or at home just before a call. i email a lot too and have no problem with using touchpal for that. i have quite a few programs on my phone and i run low on memory alot and i have memory management at its finest i ahve no2chems 5065 and i click the oxios button so much i dont even think about it anymore i know if i take a few of them programs off there i would have some extra memory but i like to run sevral programs at a time and i just cant do that with my mogul. also i jog alot so it is better for me to have a touch which is coming in monday.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Livin' Dangerously

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaya View Post
WOW!!!! Those are very BOLD statements! Is the Instinct even a WM device? How can you say it is d"efinitely a more sound investment" when none of us have used one?

Just do your research and pick one. If you find it doesnt suit your needs you have the first 30 days after your purchase to change your mind. Good luck.
very good assesment and no i dont believe the instinct is WM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'd take comments like the "Touch is total garbage" with a grain of salt.

Sure it's OK to prefer to one over the other, but to call it total garbage isn't that helpful and not that truthful...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan