PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 11:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: vzw

brickcity is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: new rom (vz) problems

DAMN... I JUST SPENT FOREVER WITH THIS PPCGeeks kitchen, and as it was building read this little chat.

I have the xv6800... should I be using DCD's kitchen, and if so where is it! (every time I search DCD Kitchen it gives me an error because DCD is only 3 characters)

So should I not use the PPCGeeks kitchen?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brh2929 View Post
Awesome. Thanks. I just finished olipro's and I'm stuck in bootloader mode (man I've read that alot). Now I'm off to that thread to work it out. Fun and nerve-racking at the same time!
pop into the chat room (CHAT tab at top of page) if you get super stuck.. always some real-time helping hands to help you out
Old 04-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickcity View Post
DAMN... I JUST SPENT FOREVER WITH THIS PPCGeeks kitchen, and as it was building read this little chat.

I have the xv6800... should I be using DCD's kitchen, and if so where is it! (every time I search DCD Kitchen it gives me an error because DCD is only 3 characters)

So should I not use the PPCGeeks kitchen?
i am also verizon, and have used both DCD and No2CHEMS roms.. dcd has his own kitchen - it is much more basic than the PPC kitchen.. someone made DCD 3.0.4 rom avail to use in the ppckitchen, so it IS possible to use it that way..
dcd's kitchen can be found over at 'xDA developers' forum.. (diff website) google search should set you right..

personal pref really.. i like the ppckitchen because of the loads of options.. some people are loyal to either camp (DCD vs No2chem).. i've tried them both and am currently a card carrying member of No2...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

brh2929 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
pop into the chat room (CHAT tab at top of page) if you get super stuck.. always some real-time helping hands to help you out
This was fantastic advice. I really appreciate it. The chat room got me all squared away and I'm up and running nicely with DCD's latest ROM. My GPS is working fantastic on Live Search with the Holux GPS viewer. I was running 90mph between San Antonio and Houston yesterday and it was clicking along with me (updating @ every 2 sec). I've tried Googlemaps but it isn't as good imho comapared to Live Search. I couldn't get the turn by turn directions on the bottom of the map (like Live Search offers). I like that feature. Navizon is another I've tried. Similar to GoogleMaps. I would LOVE to get the voice notification (for directions). Is there a way? Also, I think I read about a way to incorporate voice command for the dialer? Is that right or was that another phone?
Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
This was fantastic advice. I really appreciate it. The chat room got me all squared away and I'm up and running nicely with DCD's latest ROM. My GPS is working fantastic on Live Search with the Holux GPS viewer. I was running 90mph between San Antonio and Houston yesterday and it was clicking along with me (updating @ every 2 sec). I've tried Googlemaps but it isn't as good imho comapared to Live Search. I couldn't get the turn by turn directions on the bottom of the map (like Live Search offers). I like that feature. Navizon is another I've tried. Similar to GoogleMaps. I would LOVE to get the voice notification (for directions). Is there a way? Also, I think I read about a way to incorporate voice command for the dialer? Is that right or was that another phone?
glad it helped.. bookmark this page and when you hit 50 post count, come on back and click the thanks button..... (kidding, you dont have to.. )

Garmin XT offers voice notification, but NOT voice street names.. it will just say, 'Turn right', 'Turn Left' etc..
iGuidance, offers voice notification AND street names !! ('in 100 feet, turn right onto PPCGEEKS Drive') it's awesome, and is what i currently use. (check the GPS Titan Faq sticky in the main HTC Titan forum)
Glad the Holux viewer is working out.. that what i use as well. it never fails me.
I also prefer MS Live Search over Google..
Old 05-02-2008, 12:24 PM
N00b

brh2929 is a n00b

Quote:
glad it helped.. bookmark this page and when you hit 50 post count, come on back and click the thanks button..... (kidding, you dont have to.. )

Garmin XT offers voice notification, but NOT voice street names.. it will just say, 'Turn right', 'Turn Left' etc..
iGuidance, offers voice notification AND street names !! ('in 100 feet, turn right onto PPCGEEKS Drive') it's awesome, and is what i currently use. (check the GPS Titan Faq sticky in the main HTC Titan forum)
Glad the Holux viewer is working out.. that what i use as well. it never fails me.
I also prefer MS Live Search over Google..
I will try out iGuidance STAT! There's a guy in my office who sent back his XV6800 for a Treo 700WX today because the 6800 doesn't feature the voice dialer. Can this be installed with a .exe file or would it require a new customized ROM? Does one exist? I've read up on some of the early requests for this but then it dawned on me that I'm running the latest DCD rom. Are those threads still useful if I don't want to give up DCD's ROM?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I will try out iGuidance STAT! There's a guy in my office who sent back his XV6800 for a Treo 700WX today because the 6800 doesn't feature the voice dialer. Can this be installed with a .exe file or would it require a new customized ROM? Does one exist? I've read up on some of the early requests for this but then it dawned on me that I'm running the latest DCD rom. Are those threads still useful if I don't want to give up DCD's ROM?
a voice dialer ? not 100% sure i know what you mean by that.
it could be that your co-worker was just using the plain vanilla stock xv6800 with no custom ROMs... once you go custom (like you did), with the upgraded radio, we pretty much have the same thing as the Sprint Mogul.. which included MANY of the things Verizon specificaly cripples on it's phone (GPS being one of them)....
Old 05-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
you can use Cyberon Voice Speed Dialer, or Microsoft Voice Command also for voice dialing. Neither would require a new ROM; the MSVC requires the .NET to be installed; not sure about Cyberon because I always have .NET installed on my builds.
If you would like to try the Cyberon, you can download it off my website at the following link:
Cyberon Voice Speed Dialer
Old 05-02-2008, 01:27 PM
N00b

brh2929 is a n00b

Quote:
a voice dialer ? not 100% sure i know what you mean by that.
it could be that your co-worker was just using the plain vanilla stock xv6800 with no custom ROMs... once you go custom (like you did), with the upgraded radio, we pretty much have the same thing as the Sprint Mogul.. which included MANY of the things Verizon specificaly cripples on it's phone (GPS being one of them)....
Sorry about that. I'm not using the correct terms but I think justpctech may have decifered through my tardness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpctech View Post
you can use Cyberon Voice Speed Dialer, or Microsoft Voice Command also for voice dialing. Neither would require a new ROM; the MSVC requires the .NET to be installed; not sure about Cyberon because I always have .NET installed on my builds.
If you would like to try the Cyberon, you can download it off my website at the following link:
Cyberon Voice Speed Dialer
Thanks justpctech! I believe this may be what I am seeking. I can't wait to see my co-worker's face when I get this running (heheh).
Old 05-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ya, I used to speak tard myself! j/k...figured thats what you were referring too. and you can backup your voice tags with Cyberon too, which saves from having to re-record them after hard reset or new flash. now... go put the hurts to your co-worker!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan