PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Another Raging Idiot briAnother Raging Idiot bright idea... (ConceptPhone) part5(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
haha... Matel received hundreds of calls about the hoverboard because Doc in B2F said something to the effect that they had been out for years and companies just didnt want to release them.
Nice analogy though... MagLev trains can do it, you would think there would be some sort of special floor&board combo that could do it. The existing AirBoards are just too bulky, but a MagLev board on a special foundation seems within reason..although rather dangerous.
Didnt want to derail my own thread... lol

now if i can just get my phone to hover when I drop it...
do that and i'll give you one meelion dollars

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz
Threadstarter

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Re: Another Raging Idiot briAnother Raging Idiot bright idea... (ConceptPhone) part5(

Mini Mogul, If I ever lost you I don't know what I'd do.
I'd probably move on, get another clone but there would be a 15 minute period where I would just be inconsolable.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 running DCD 3.0.1
Carrier: VZW

old_school_dave is a n00b

This reminds me a lot of the Active Desktop product that MicroSoft unsuccessfully tried to roll out in the Win98 days...allowing you to embed dynamic web content on your desktop. The idea was good, but the execution was too resource intensive. Nowadays there's ajax widgets. Do I have the general concept?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
yeah that's a similar concept.. just this will be a bit better. There's a big difference of course in what most people want on their desktop screen vs what they want to see (and show off) on their phone.
Also I dont believe this will be resource intensive...It really shouldnt take anymore than what it does to open a number of tabs in IE.

The problem will likely be on users linking to things that are not pda friendly.

Last edited by Raging Idiot; 04-30-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:11 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

nodding my head,, yup looks good,, when??
Old 04-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

so do we have a prototype build to demo yet?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
so do we have a prototype build to demo yet?
doubtful, this isnt a no2chem project
Old 04-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
doubtful, this isnt a no2chem project
FTW!!

*stupid character limit rant...*
Old 05-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

It would be nice to know if anyone is in fact working on it... and there may be people that think that if it's not their idea then its a bad/unworthy idea.
I've long had a knack for picking winners...but it would be trivial to speak about here. Just let it be known that I back this with confidence.
Hey I know it's not going to change the world... rather, just the way we look at our phones.
I figured I'd take a shot in the dark with this and see just how far it's heard.... thats all.

Last edited by Raging Idiot; 05-01-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:45 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
I've long had a knack for picking winners...
can you provide the winning lottery numbers for next week?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan