PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: You know you're a titan nut when you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
Folks who make this statement are losing sight of what's really important in this "debate"... the bottom line is that people who pay for the iPhone want a device that does what it does out of the box... no tweaking... no nothing. That's what makes the iPhone good at what it does. It just works.

I personally love my Mogul, but one has to be honest with oneself... straight out of the box from the Sprint store, the Mogul is NOT at its full potential. Only after tweaking and adding stuff does it achieve its potential. The average American doesn't want to deal with that, that's what makes the iPhone worth every penny to them.
That's a pretty decent perspective... but what i also think contributes is that alot of people associate it with the 'status war' dynamic where MS products are clunky/geeky/industrial ect... but Mac/Apple/ipod products are trendy, streamlined/more luxurious yada yada yada...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevinz View Post
Mainly its because of the hype, and alot of ppl think that the iphone was the first touch screen phone, and boy was it not! plus.. we like to rip on the people who where dumb enough to purchase a 5-600 dollar device without doing their research, the 8gig micro sd card is out now..so the Titan wins! only thing iphone had over us was memory.. not anymore.. buy the card for $120, add up the price you bought the Titan for.. still not as much as the Iphone
\
who would spend 120 when you can spend less than 70 for it on amazon? that's exactly how i bought mine, so check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
Folks who make this statement are losing sight of what's really important in this "debate"... the bottom line is that people who pay for the iPhone want a device that does what it does out of the box... no tweaking... no nothing. That's what makes the iPhone good at what it does. It just works.

I personally love my Mogul, but one has to be honest with oneself... straight out of the box from the Sprint store, the Mogul is NOT at its full potential. Only after tweaking and adding stuff does it achieve its potential. The average American doesn't want to deal with that, that's what makes the iPhone worth every penny to them.
good point about the average american, but what makes us titan owners how we are is we're just the above average americans. lol
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sigh... I was afraid that my comments were going to lead to this. In retrospect probably should have left it alone, even though I think it's funny how much the "supposedly inferior" iphone gets talked about in these forums..

So let's keep this on the "Titan nut" topic and no more iphone talk.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Sigh... I was afraid that my comments were going to lead to this. In retrospect probably should have left it alone, even though I think it's funny how much the "supposedly inferior" iphone gets talked about in these forums..

So let's keep this on the "Titan nut" topic and no more iphone talk.
be not dismayed about this... this is all part of Titan nuttiness!!! lol
Old 04-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Thing is, the marketing for the iPhone was there. You saw it everywhere.
Now ask yourself this question, how much advertising do you remember seeing for PocketPCs/PocketPC phones? Not much.
Hell when I first got my Compaq iPaq, people were like "what's that, I never heard of a Pocket PC before"
Now that the iPhone had made the big splash in the puddle, you will (and have) seen more places marketing their PDA phones and PocketPCs being marketed better.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

SpecialAgentSicari is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to SpecialAgentSicari

Too many good posts to quote, but here are some that I am guilty of.

Having PPCgeeks as my home page

Loosing sleep because of making sure my phone is ever so perfect after a hard reset, and/or waiting for a rom upgrade.

Making sure my Today Screen is as optimised as possible and to my liking.

Getting my friends to feel so envious that they pay there early termination fee with there current cell phone company just to get the Mogul, and then ask me to hack it for them.

"Know what people mean by using it as a theft deterrent device."

"Know how to use it as a flashlight and use it often."

"Know all about sero"

"Have at least 4 GPS programs on the phone."

Keep hounding my GF to get a PPC phone so I can hack it for her.

Know more than the techs at sprint and can usually have the phone activated before they do.

I too pull my Mogul out when in public in hopes that someone will come up to me and start a conversation about it.

When you check NO2Chem's Mogul rom post every day 3 times a day to see if he has release a new version yet.

Always looking for really cool apps even if you don't need them.

"When everything goes wrong in one day, and you insist on chalking it up to not enough memory and no advanced video drivers."

Last edited by SpecialAgentSicari; 04-16-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started

... think your titan is sexy enough to take to bed with you ...

(and btw about the iphone comparisons, 90% of the time when ppl comment on my titan, they ask is it an iphone? my reply: no, it's better )
Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Dooper is a n00b

You know you're a titan nut when you take it in the shower with you to clean it.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

Nevinz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Nevinz Send a message via MSN to Nevinz Send a message via Yahoo to Nevinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooper View Post
You know you're a titan nut when you take it in the shower with you to clean it.
and then after you get out you thank god you have the insurance and quickly call them up, pay the 50 dollars and sit eagerly at your front window for 3 days waiting for the sound of a UPS or FEDEX truck, only to jump at every garbage truck and school bus!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooper View Post
that'll cause liquid damage... lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan