PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

EBAYMONSTER is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: voice command and caller id

Well i did like rain stated, i did hard reset. installed rescoe. installed voice cmd. copied files from zip file rain provided. moved files using rescoe. went back and clicked enable under voice cmd. verified that announce caller id was checked it was, verified that announce through speaker or wired headset was checked it was. Made sure my job phone number was in my mobile, then called mobile from job, it just rang no announcement of who was calling, all other parts of voice cmd work fine. Any ideas rain, jim, or dwizzy
Old 04-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

dkindig is a n00b

My Mogul didn't pick up the changes in VC settings until I did a soft reset...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

EBAYMONSTER is a n00b

I am in the ga,e now baybe, damn thing is, I dont know why it started to worked, but who the heck cares. 2 questions---1) can I get the mogul to just announce without vibrating or ringing 2) do I install newly bought programs on sd or hard drive, god forbid I mess this voice command up...
Old 04-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBAYMONSTER View Post
I am in the ga,e now baybe, damn thing is, I dont know why it started to worked, but who the heck cares. 2 questions---1) can I get the mogul to just announce without vibrating or ringing 2) do I install newly bought programs on sd or hard drive, god forbid I mess this voice command up...
As a rule I always install software in main memory. Others do it differently, but I sometimes swap storage cards, and installing to the card will not work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcscott View Post
I downloaded resco 2007 as well as the link you provided. Then unzipped your link but only three files opened and as I tried to copy them to my device two of the three errored out with the explanation that those extensions could not be created. Did I make a mistake or should I try something different?
Unzip them on your Mogul, not the PC. The Mogul will show four files in the folder, the PC will show three files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkindig View Post
My Mogul didn't pick up the changes in VC settings until I did a soft reset...
Correct, which I stated in my original directions in this thread.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:17 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

EBAYMONSTER is a n00b

rain where is the simplest place to dowload a mogul program when i buy it. do i use my sd to get the zipped file to the phone
Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

I have a 4GB and two 2Gb cards for my Mogul. One 2GB is just music, one 2GB is applications (CAB version) and the 4GB is all movies and music. I copy all CABs to my storage card, then install from there. Then, if I like the program, I just leave it there.

The main reason I do this is because I flash my phone with a new rom at least once per week and it makes it easier for me to reinstall the stuff that I like.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:27 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBAYMONSTER View Post
1) can I get the mogul to just announce without vibrating or ringing

Settings Phone Ring Type Off
Old 04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

inmnbob is just getting started

Thanks to everone here for the help on VC -- the caller ID feature is really great and without all of you here I would not have been able to figure it out.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

inmnbob is just getting started

Thanks to everyone --this works great -- couldn't have done it without your help in these posts

BOb
Old 04-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Sorry for the late reply...

Copy the zip file to your Mogul's storage card, then unzip it there. Then copy the extracted files from your storage cards to their respective folders.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan