PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 01:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

EBAYMONSTER is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
voice command and caller id

Anyone with mogul 6800 had trouble getting the announce caller id feature to work? Every time I check the box then hit X, I go back to voice command-hit settings for phone and its unchecked, can anything fix this ? I did install to phone, all other features work great-even bluetooth.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

cuse94 is a n00b
Re: voice command and caller id

I just looked at the announce caller ID setting on my Mogul and sure enough it wasn't checked. I could have sworn I had checked it after upgrading to 3.35 (was hoping the new ROM fixed this). So I checked it, closed out of everything and tried calling myself, no announcement. I went back in and verified - still checked. Called again - no announcement. Restarted phone, checked setting (still checked) and called again - nothing. This is with my Jawbone. Long and the short, my box seems to be staying checked but announce isn't work (as it never has).

At least 3.35 fixed the confirmations. If anyone figures out the caller ID announce issue, I'd like to know how to fix it.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I went through this same problem when I got my Touch. Then when I dumped the touch and got a Mogul, same thing again. Fortunately I remembered where I had put the files that I had found before

Download the attached file and copy it it your Mogul. Unzip the file on your Mogul's storage card. Then, using a non WM file explorer (I use Resco File Explorer 2007), move the files as follows on your Mogul. You can backup the original files if you prefer, but either way, overwrite when prompted.

voicecmd.exe --> \Program Files\Voice Command\
VoiceCmdRes_PPC.dll --> \Program Files\Voice Command\
VoiceCommand_PPC.cpl --> \Windows\
VoiceCommandWMP.dll --> \Program Files\Voice Command\

Then ensure that is checked in the settings for MS Voice Command.

Start --> Settings --> Voice Command --> (Highlight) Phone --> Options --> (Check) Announce Incoming Calls

After closing the Voice Command options and a soft reset, you should be good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip voicecommandreplacementfiles.zip (187.1 KB, 599 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by rainfreak; 04-09-2008 at 08:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b

I'll have to give this a try when I have a few minutes.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:26 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ive got a 6800 running No2Chem 6.1 Build 5048 with MSVC cooked into it and havent had any issues with annoucements. I used DogGuys Kitchen
Old 04-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuse94 View Post
I'll have to give this a try when I have a few minutes.
It will work, I assure you. If you have problems you can feel free to PM me...
Old 04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

EricBergan is a n00b

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Eric
Old 04-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Glad to hear it, thanks for letting us know.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

bossman74 is becoming a great contributor

Will this work on the french version of voice command?

I have the HTC touch from bell mobility, do I need to do anything special before apply this?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Sorry, I have no clue, as I have not dealt with the French version myself. You could try it, and if it does not work, uninstall it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan