PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul and WMWifirouter in the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHockz View Post
you support whats called "micro charging"

i dont. i believe i should be able to use my 500$ device at full capacity without paying a penny more.
Except the ability to tether over WiFi was never a part of it's original capacity. Someone had to take the time to write the program that makes it work, and work well. Sprint never intended to do it. That person should be rewarded in some way (recognition, money, whatever they decide is acceptable) for their time and effort.

Maybe you're car has the potential to go faster with a turbo, does that mean you shouldn't have to pay to achieve that result? I want to be able to use my S2000 at it's full capacity (and it cost significantly more than $500), but I know that additional performance/abilities come at additional cost.

(On second thought, probably should have left out the car metaphor. As soon as one of those appears in a thread it usually degenerates into a useless series of one strained metaphor after another )

I don't see Chainfire's app as any kind of superfluous add on cost. It adds significant new abilities to the device that it didn't have before. Maybe the hardware was there to support it, but that means absolutely nothing. At least 50% (and usually a lot more) of any tech product is the programming that makes it work. That programming has a cost that is just as real as the physical hardware.

Bottom line. You want new toys, you have to pay for them. Also, if you had thrown a couple of bucks Chainfire's way as a donation earlier, you'd probably have a free license right now. I do.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg
Re: Mogul and WMWifirouter in the news

LETS STOP TALKING ABOUT IT BEFORE SPRINT SHUTS IT DOWN LOL. I LOVE MY WIFIROUTER .....( ima cry if they take it away .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan