PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul and WMWifirouter in the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcmar View Post
so the answer to my question is YES ???????????????????????????
Do a search on tethering and you will find the there are hundreds of answers to that question. Which all generally say "Theres really no telling if they will charge you for it or not, but to date *I* havent been charged."

At least on Sprint SERO plans (unlimited data from the phone) they either Dont know (I doubt it) or Don't care (its possible).
Old 03-26-2008, 10:37 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ChainFire went mainstream. In a day or two we'll see lots of posts about finding this app. (Well a lot more than we do now)
Old 03-26-2008, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fenton is a n00b
Angry Re: Mogul and WMWifirouter in the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcmar View Post
so the answer to my question is YES ???????????????????????????
Well, it was YES, until these articles came out.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Lurker

flyingjoey is a n00b

I got an email from the WMWiFIRouter folks letting me know that their 1.0 version is available and that if I wish, I could buy it. It was cheap enough, and I have seen it's value so I paid the 9.99 EURO they where charging.

I do have the software pointing to "SprintPCS" not "Phone as a modem" I do see the "data" numbers changing on the new sprint website, but it keeps reading as "unlimited" so I keep using it.

I used to tether via BT on my old 6700 and my mac (Painfully slow, but it did work), and when I had a pc laptop I'd use a usb cable. I like the WMWiFiThingie concept better.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

9.99 euro is $15 dolla american now. tooooo much when there is a free version that already works well
Old 03-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHockz View Post
9.99 euro is $15 dolla american now. tooooo much when there is a free version that already works well
$15 is too much to make a $300-500 phone into a wifi hotspot? I feel like if I can afford the phone and I use the app it's only fair to pay for it. $15 is nothing compared to the cost of the device or even a SERO plan. I guess it's good to have the old version out for free so people can test it but for such a good app I have no problem kicking out $10-20. I spend that much in a few days of eating lunch out anyway
Old 03-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker

flyingjoey is a n00b

I have a verizon data card available to use, but I choose to get a mac, and the card I was given is a regular pcmcia card. I have been using my old PPC6700 to tether via BT which is SLOWWWWWWW but it worked, after I found wmwifirouter I saw the speed jump, then 2 weeks ago when I swapped my old 6700 for a 6800 I got even better numbers using wifirouter.

I travel several times a year, and a lot of hotels are starting to charge its customers for going online. The last time I was in San Diego the hotel was charging $12.95 for a day's connection. Even at the hospital where my mom was they charged 8 bucks a days for going online (which I ended up paying). So shelling out 15 bucks for something that will save money in the long run was a no brainer.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

btrcp2000 is becoming a great contributor

for those learning about it, I just went on vacation and used wmwifi with my eeepc in the car for internet access. no, I wasn't driving at the time. kept the kids entertained when they got sick of movies. I also used it in the car as a remote sagetv client to stream live tv from home. very choppy, but it did work. 15 bucks is a bargain to make a pricey phone even more useful.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
$15 is too much to make a $300-500 phone into a wifi hotspot? I feel like if I can afford the phone and I use the app it's only fair to pay for it. $15 is nothing compared to the cost of the device or even a SERO plan. I guess it's good to have the old version out for free so people can test it but for such a good app I have no problem kicking out $10-20. I spend that much in a few days of eating lunch out anyway
you support whats called "micro charging"

i dont. i believe i should be able to use my 500$ device at full capacity without paying a penny more.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul

jamesjay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
u arent serious are you? theres like 17,074 posts on this already
First time I saw it, thanks OP

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan