PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: problem with active sync - no connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 View Post
what do you mean
He means plug your moguls usb cable directly into your computer
Old 06-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Lurker

sorealarceo is a n00b

i cant even flash the new rom because my dumb pc doesnt want to active sync lol...im running XP and just hard/reset..still no dice..
Old 06-29-2008, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Angry Re: problem with active sync - no connection

I have not been able to sync my 700WX the entire time I've had it (about 9 months). I'm running Vista, which also means WMDC. I've searched on this site and other PPC sites and have tried every suggestion offered. I've wasted countless hours with tech support for Palm, Microsoft, and VZW. Nothing has worked. I rely on SPB Backup and DashWire to b/u my device.

The issue here is bigger than just not being able to sync my PPC. It's the fact that MS was in such a hurry to release Vista that they didnt really take the time to make sure it would play well with others and develop a reliable sync solution. The hype they created over Vista forced them into that corner.

Judging by the number of posts on this issue on PPCGeeks, WMexperts and Microsoft's Windows Mobile forum, Microsoft HAS to be aware of this issue. Too bad they're not in any hurry to do anything about it.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

I am having the same problem.

I have flashed my 6700 and now my mogul countless times and when I connect after flash it does the normal set up sync wizard.
But this last rom I flashed which is not different from the previous ones I flashed recently. Its the no2chem 5067 using the ppckitchen when I connected the ppc to my computer it says the usb device is not recognized. When I open active sync on the ppc it says that I have to install something from my cd that I received with my phone.

It did this the other day when I first flashed it and all I did was uninstall active sync then reinstall. Connected it then windows did its thing and installed the driver for it. So today I hard reset in preparation to flash another rom and bam same problem. Tried the uninstall trick and it still doesnt work. Im getting a little mad now since I cant flash a new rom.

Is this a possible problem with the kitchen since I have never had a problem until the latest BuildOS update. Seems to me that something is not installed on the ppc that should be.

Any ideas. But even if something is missing its gonna be a song and a dance to get it on the phone....To top it all of I dont have a micro sd card reader/writer. Ahhhh someone help me.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

I used to have a Mogul, but got rid of it due to all the early problems with it. However, for those having connection issues, I had an interesting problem I'll share with you. My Mogul would connect to any of my Windows machines, including Vista and XP, and I'd hear the tone indicating connection, and it would begin to charge. However, the device never showed up. Ultimately, I found that my USB port became defective, since it occurred across different Windows systems. When I had it replaced, the recognition issues went away, and it even synced up with my Vista laptop. Too bad I'm having issues now with my new Treo 800w with WinMo 6.1 and syncing with my Vista laptop. I'm in the process now of deleting my partnership and doing a complete resync due to errors in syncing. If MS would fix this, this Treo 800w would be the perfect device for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan