View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Geekcop
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Angry Re: problem with active sync - no connection

I have not been able to sync my 700WX the entire time I've had it (about 9 months). I'm running Vista, which also means WMDC. I've searched on this site and other PPC sites and have tried every suggestion offered. I've wasted countless hours with tech support for Palm, Microsoft, and VZW. Nothing has worked. I rely on SPB Backup and DashWire to b/u my device.

The issue here is bigger than just not being able to sync my PPC. It's the fact that MS was in such a hurry to release Vista that they didnt really take the time to make sure it would play well with others and develop a reliable sync solution. The hype they created over Vista forced them into that corner.

Judging by the number of posts on this issue on PPCGeeks, WMexperts and Microsoft's Windows Mobile forum, Microsoft HAS to be aware of this issue. Too bad they're not in any hurry to do anything about it.