PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opinions - Best BT Headset

I just ordered a Plantronics Voyager 510 after reading the favorable reviews on this site, NewEgg, and Amazon. I'm not fond that the earlobe hook is so large, but if the quality is clear and loud, I can easily forgive that. I considered the 815/855, but I decided that I'd be forever knocking it out of my ear without the earlobe hook. The nice thing about the Voyager series is that I can pair it with my Mogul *and* my work laptop that runs my Cisco softphone for work calls.

I'll report back once I have it and have used it a while.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:45 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I considered the *snip*855, but I decided that I'd be forever knocking it out of my ear without the earlobe hook.
Kinda hard to do, unless you wear glasses, it has an earbud fit; Plus you can don it without the hook.
It comes with a small hook, medium hook(A2DP) and large hook.
It has 3 sizes of the earbud gels as well.

If you're one of the unlucky ones who can't fit the eargels, buy these etymotic eartip fits:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i-acc.aspx

Buy either the gray or white 2-flange (I bought the small 2-flange gray )

WARNING: They are hard to get on, so only buy if you have the patience to do so.
FURTHER MOD:
For the loudest sound to match P-510 quality, I had to remove the black filters so its just a matter of really being diligent about cleaning you ears.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
The nice thing about the Voyager series is that I can pair it with my Mogul *and* my work laptop that runs my Cisco softphone for work calls.
I have the Cisco softphone too, and that is precisely why I use my Plantronics Voyager 510. I actually have what they call the Audio 910, which consists of a 510 and a BUA-100 Bluetooth dongle. Is that how you do it?

I have a Blueant Z9 too, but couldn't get it to switch back and forth between my PPC and the softphone consistently.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:05 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

so i've been looking for a new headset as my current (jabra bt5010) just isn't comfortable on my ear and I realized if i bump the boom and it slides in slightly, my call is lost. so no more sliding booms for me.
I recently ran into the NX6000 on google and like what i was reading, so I searched hear and what ya know...
I also have a plantronics 340 and broke my 510. the 340 is eh... ok, and the 510 was pretty good, but direct wind and my "tin can" van still effected it some.

I broke the 510 by accidentally spinning the mic all the way around a few times in my pocket (at least 2 by the looks of it when i finally ripped apart.)

so do I get a cheep charger less 510 on ebay or spend double the $ on a NX6000 ? or a blueant z9 ?

I remember the 510 survived the "shake test" pretty well and that's important to me (on roofs) any reports on the others?

also I never used the 510 with 2 devices, but now I have/carry 2 phones, can you switch between phones with active calls?
Old 08-11-2008, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Thumbs up Re: Opinions - Best BT Headset - Jabra BT8040!!!

ok...i want to chime in on what i feel is the best (so far) BT headset for the moveul/titan. and in my opinion it's the Jabra BT8040. my BT headset experience is as follows: jabra 250v, plantronics 510, plantronics 520 & 521, motorola S9, jawbone 2 (didn't own, but used), and jabra bt8040. my MIP (most important points) in a BT headset are call/reception quality, range, comfort, volume, size, and A2DP.

i listen to a lot of lectures and streaming audio from my mogul so i definitely needed A2DP, which knocks out a lot of otherwise fine devices (ie jawbone, 520, etc.). the motorola s9 had become my daily BT device, replacing the plantronics 520. it has great sound quality, but can be shaky with its connection and also the call quality can be iffy at times. my other gripe with the moto s9 is that it rubs the skin on the back of my neck/hairline and irritates my skin...causing hair bumps (not good). so its not for daily use...although there is NOTHING better at the gym or when engage in strenuous activity.

so the search was on to find a BT headset that has what i look for most, does them well, and is in one ear or doesn't rub against my neck when going to the other ear. enter the jabra bt8040. it excels in all of MIP's that i look for in a BT headset. the most surprising things are its size, connection strength, and volume. it took awhile for me to get used to the eargel format of wearing it...but with trial & error, i don't even realize its on me until its in use. this is an all-day wearing headset. works great with the mogul, using wm6.1 official rom. i beleive the a2dp profile could be a reason why the quality and connection are so good.

i highly recommend the BT8040 to anyone looking for a BT headset with excellent call qualities, small size, extra comfortable, and with a2dp.

paid $59.99 @ BB
Old 08-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I run two, the jawbone for on the road, my work truck is loud as hell and everyone dont even know it. And my insignia stereo headphones (BestBuy) for at home or on site when I want music, and they handle the calls too!. I had a set of ROKR's but they suck both in fit and sound. the Insignia only cost $60 and they have better sound and range!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-11-2008, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Jawbone 2 - best bluetooth headset out there. Only downside is the price.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
I like the Plantronics 855, esp for A2DP(Music)+Calling.

LOL I recently did away with my speaker filters (rubbed them off) & now I have the loudest BT headset ever.

Nice to know I don't have to toggle to maximum volume to get "I can somewhat hear you listening", anymore.

PT 855 Voyager FTW....
I have this one also, definately like it.

Pros:
  • Easily convertable from single earbud to stereo. (buds)
  • Very discreet.
  • Bi-aural calling. Many of the stereo headsets only have the caller in 1 ear.
  • Easy controls.
Cons:
  • Noise cancellation isn't very good. It does have some cancellation, but nothing near some of Plantronics more dedicated voice earsets. And nothing like the Jawbone.
Considering a Jawbone as a 2nd headset.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Plantronics 925 = Best BT Headset

I just bought a Plantronics 925
discovery925_black.gif
I wanted to let anyone who is interested know that this headset is FLAWLESS
It works PERFECTLY with my Mogul(latest 6.1 stock ROM and BT stack)
I am super impressed as the plantronics 6xx headsets did not work nearly as well. I had the 640e, 650e, 655, 665, a pulsar 260 and the voyager 510. I also had a JawBone, two different samsung WEPs and the Motorola H9. This headset BLOWS them all out of the water!!! I think I'm going to buy an 855 next for listening to tunes. (when my homemade ad2p headset dies<cables unlimited and Philip's, Shure knockoffs>.
ANYWAY...
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS EAR PIECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Can you listen to Music (stereo quality) through the Jawbone 2?

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan