PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 08:47 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Opinions - Best BT Headset

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanhan View Post
Anyone have teh 2nd edition Jawbone? Reviews of it that I read said that it can be tricky to get the mic against your face like it needs to be for proper noise cancellation.. Can anyone elaborate on that?
I should have mentioned mine is the 2nd edition.....I have had no problems with it....it sits exactly on the face as it should ....it is just a tiny nipple that touches your face...I was outside the other day with about 40mph winds and I asked my buddy if he could here me alright and he said "I thought you were in the house talking"....clear as a bell.....I wholeheartedly recommend it...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: Plantronics 925 = Best BT Headset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Can you elaborate on this ad2p homemade setup please? You have me very curious. What do you mean cables unlimited? What is supplying the bluetooth receiver?
About 2 years ago Cables Unlimited ran a special on a no-name ad2p headset, for 25$. It's housing was a spring clip and it was an ugly shade of red with crapy ear phones attached(airline quality). I cut those off, attached some philips earphones on in their place and it sounds awesome... I will post a picture when I get a chance.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
cg1492

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpate1963 View Post
I use the jawbone and the earpiece from the jabra fits on it just fine.

Are you talking about the mini gels or the ear gels that you can get for 4.99 on their web site? I have trying to find a alternatiive to the ones jabra sends with the head sets. When not in the card I have not been using the headset due to the lack of inner ear buds.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinabrady View Post
I just bought a Plantronics 925
Attachment 13237
I wanted to let anyone who is interested know that this headset is FLAWLESS
It works PERFECTLY with my Mogul(latest 6.1 stock ROM and BT stack)
I am super impressed as the plantronics 6xx headsets did not work nearly as well. I had the 640e, 650e, 655, 665, a pulsar 260 and the voyager 510. I also had a JawBone, two different samsung WEPs and the Motorola H9. This headset BLOWS them all out of the water!!! I think I'm going to buy an 855 next for listening to tunes. (when my homemade ad2p headset dies<cables unlimited and Philip's, Shure knockoffs>.
ANYWAY...
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS EAR PIECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. I used to have the Plantronics 645 few years back, then I lost it, so I upgraded to the new (at the time) Plantronics 655 - which was great! I lost that, but was so happy with it, I got another... and lost it!

I just recently got the Plantronics 925, and it really is great! I've always been happy with the plantronics headsets. They have great sound quality, fit in your ear with no discomfort (they come with different sized gel ear inserts), and the charging cases are a great idea.

Another great thing is the style of the Plantronics headsets. I think the square boxy headsets look absolutely horrible, but I love the stylish design of the plantronics.

On a side note, if we're talking about A2DP bluetooth headphones, I've been using the Motorola HT820 for years now. It works great at the gym, listening to music, and talking on the phone. Outstanding audio quality, and all the extra buttons (volume up/down, track up/down, pause/play, answer/call).
Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Here are some pictures of my homemade stereo headset...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aheadset1.jpg (377.3 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg aheadset2.jpg (359.8 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg aheadset3.jpg (364.0 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

I currently have the H700, and can hear people well enough, but it continually moves on my ear and people a CONSTANTLY telling me I sound EXTREMELY quite even when I am driving with the windows up and the radio off.

the 3 main features the BT MUST have are:
1. stays in place, I am constantly moving, indoors outdoors and since I am in TX the BT MUST be able to withstand sweating

2. Must be REALLY good at canceling ambient noise

3. and of course work with the BEST phone ever!!!!!!!!!!!
(6800 if you weren't sure)

I really don't care if it is one that goes into the ear or hook over the ear.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinabrady View Post
Here are some pictures of my homemade stereo headset...
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
the 3 main features the BT MUST have are:
^^^ Per the countless posts saying so in this thread, just get a jawbone 2 and be done with it. It's the best all around.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby
Carrier: sprint

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor

z9i is better than the jawbone 2
Old 09-01-2008, 06:58 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricchini2007 View Post
z9i is better than the jawbone 2
And that opinion is based on what? I have had both and there is no comparison, the Jawbone 2 is better.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

Kenkudaki is a n00b

About a month ago, I purchased all 3 headsets: The z9i, original jawbone, and Plantronics 925. I then had my wife run some tests with me. I called her using each of the 3 headsets, talked a bit so that she could get a base quality rating, then turned on a radio right next to me. The jawbone won hands down. She said that she could clearly hear the radio noise with the other 2. We then repeated the test using the garbage disposal instead of the radio. Same results. YMMV, but the Jawbone was the clear winner according to my most critical listener.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan