PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: BAF GPS Toggle, v1.9 [Updated 7/23]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Baffles: Your program was working great for me with DCD 3.2.5, and Radio 3.42.30.

However I just upgraded to the newest radio, 3.42.50. Now it no longer seems to function. I enable it, and it just stays at SEEK (0) forever. If I launch google maps, it syncs up fine in the usual amount of time, and then if I quit google maps, GPS Toggle reports connection to GPS and displays lock like usual.

So it's like the GPS Toggle isnt' being able to initialize GPS anymore with the newest radio. Another user reported this as well and he switched to Astro's GPS Launcher.
Here is the link to the new radio http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=415364
and the comments re: this etc.

I was also curious as to your thoughts on Astro's GPS Launcher vs. your software etc. Thanks in advance!
I no longer have a working Titan to test on, as mine locks up after a few minutes. To test I would have to be very quick to see what happens before it locks up. That definitely is peculiar though because there is absolutely no reason it shouldn't work, as I am following standard Windows Mobile conventions for interaction with GPS device.

Astro GPS launcher and my GPS Toggler are fundamentally different, one enables GPS until you kill it, the other just enables it for one app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I absolutely love your toggle but with the new M2D themes it would be great if you could create a shortcut to either be implemented on the Today tab or a shortcut for the Programs tab.

Thanks,
Steve
To do that would require a whole new program, this is specifically a today screen plugin, so can't really launch it externally.

I thought these days there was some QPST change or something that removed the need for a primer? At least I thought I heard that someplace...

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

dannyppc6700 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dannyppc6700 Send a message via Yahoo to dannyppc6700

I installed the latest version on my touch pro. It appears to be half cut off.
I see half of the line that says gps status and seek.. and lock.. no icons or anthing below that.
the line is cut in half horizontally and i see the top half of the words.

I'm running an aftermarket rom with win 6.1 it's the dream rom.

Last edited by dannyppc6700; 01-02-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

Baffles,

I installed on my xv6800 using GaMedic's ROM based on the 20931 kitchen. Set to the standards: COM4, none, 4800, automatically managed. The GPS seems to initialize, but even after an hour in the car, i still get Seek 0. No connection to google maps or live search.

Can you point me in the right direction?

thanks
Skip
Old 01-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyppc6700 View Post
I installed the latest version on my touch pro. It appears to be half cut off.
I see half of the line that says gps status and seek.. and lock.. no icons or anthing below that.
the line is cut in half horizontally and i see the top half of the words.

I'm running an aftermarket rom with win 6.1 it's the dream rom.
Unfortunately, the today screen plugin doesn't display correctly on the Touch Pro. I have no plans at the moment to update it with VGA support because it isn't particularly useful (not required for turning on GPS for apps on the Diamond/Pro) and I don't have much free time. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipster View Post
Baffles,

I installed on my xv6800 using GaMedic's ROM based on the 20931 kitchen. Set to the standards: COM4, none, 4800, automatically managed. The GPS seems to initialize, but even after an hour in the car, i still get Seek 0. No connection to google maps or live search.

Can you point me in the right direction?

thanks
Skip
I'm not up on the latest developments, but the fix I used to recommend that seemed to work in 99% of cases was to disable AGPS and smart mode. You could try going to HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS and setting EnableAGPS to 0, EnableGPSSmartMode to 0, and GPSMode to 2 and see if that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

dannyppc6700 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dannyppc6700 Send a message via Yahoo to dannyppc6700

I understand completely, thanks anyway. I just like knowing the status of my GPS being off on my today screen (so i know it's not using battery power) and being able to test it easily at any given moment. I guess i'll try that other app you mentioned somewhere else on the web Keep up the good work though! (and i'm sure the msl app will come in handy eventually too ) Thanks
Old 01-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyppc6700 View Post
I understand completely, thanks anyway. I just like knowing the status of my GPS being off on my today screen (so i know it's not using battery power) and being able to test it easily at any given moment. I guess i'll try that other app you mentioned somewhere else on the web Keep up the good work though! (and i'm sure the msl app will come in handy eventually too ) Thanks
Even if GPS Toggler says GPS off it isn't guaranteed to be off. Other apps can open it if they don't require priming. GPS=off just means that WM has been told it can shut off GPS.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

fuzzynco is a n00b
Re: BAF GPS Toggle, v1.9 [Updated 7/23] VGA vs qVGA?

Alltel Touch Pro (No TF3D/TF) just Wm6.1 VGA & SPB p+ ms phone suite,
AE BP and FTouchSL. The program appears to run properly, but I only
see about 1/2 its display line. Could the VGA vs qVGA be the problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (20.2 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

fuzzynco is a n00b
Only 1/2 the display line shows up?

Other than only having 1/2 the display line it does exactly what its supposed to.

I'm on a VGA phone (Alltel Touch Pro) if that matters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GPS on.jpg (16.8 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg GPS off.jpg (16.8 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro T7272, WM6.1

WAdventurer is a n00b

Hi,

I have been using BAF GPS Toggle for a few weeks now and it works great.

I am also using the HTC Touch Pro (see signature) which has VGA
Resolution: 480x640
Colours: 65536

The button/icon is small and the Today space is about half the space of other Today plugins/features. Thus I need my stylus to turn it on or off. The fonts are however regular size and thus cut off halfway by the size of the plugin. This means I am sometimes guessing... is that 1 satelite or 7... I'm sorry, I don't have the ability to do a screenshot as I am travelling. I suspect the issue could be solved if the (status) icon is larger for this kind of screen size. (guessing)

(Note I believe the HTC Touch HD has XVGA and its GPS performance could certainly use this plugin as I understand from their owners)

Performance:
Great! (I am using original ROM and Radio, see signature) It picks up satelites almost immediately and this overcomes the slow searching and fixing that other programs use. I've used a few GPS programs to test them out. Both regular car GPS software like Tom Tom and my favourite Route66 as well as off-road software like GPS Tuner... It works great with all and I would advice this clean (low memory) software to any HTC Touch Pro user... (even with the small sized Today plugin as it is)

Let me know when this can be fixed in an update... or if there is another way for us (HTC Touch Pro users) to fix this ourselves?

Anyone else has a fix/suggestion?

Thanks,
HTC Touch Pro T7272

PPC Windows Mobile 6.1 Prof.
CE OS 5.2.19965 (Build 19965.1.2.3)

Processor: MSM7201a-528MHz Qualcomm(R) 7201A
ROM: 1.90.405.1 WWE 08/01/08
Radio: 1.02.25.19
Protocol: 52.33.25.17U

16 GB SDHC Sandisk

Route 66 Mobile 8 WM Australia 8.0.4582 (15203)

TomTom 7.910 (9185) no maps yet (help!)

Interested in any GPS program with maps for Asian countries (in English if possible).
Old 02-22-2009, 04:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro T7272, WM6.1

WAdventurer is a n00b
Advice needed on how to adjust for VGA

Hi there,

(note: After install, first use gives error 21 and won't activate. After it will work as it should, HTC Touch Pro)

Listen, Robert Ferris created a great little tool. I really use it all the time. However, as you can see in my screenshot it does not go well with VGA visually. It is really difficult to open and start with a stylus as the space is very limited and often I open an adjoining program/function....

As Robert seems to be busy I think it is up to us to make the necessarey adjustments. If I want to do that,... Where do I need to make adjustments, how can I change the today line to fit the text? Where are the images, so I can increase their sizes? And would that do it?

Not only would it make a solution, but it would be fun to learn to do this myself as well.

By the way, I am leaving China for Australia and am not sure how often and how quick I will have access to internet. So if I don't reply immediately you know why.

Thanks for your advice!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan