Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 PM
WAdventurer
Lurker

WAdventurer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BAF GPS Toggle, v1.9 [Updated 7/23]

Hi,

I have been using BAF GPS Toggle for a few weeks now and it works great.

I am also using the HTC Touch Pro (see signature) which has VGA
Resolution: 480x640
Colours: 65536

The button/icon is small and the Today space is about half the space of other Today plugins/features. Thus I need my stylus to turn it on or off. The fonts are however regular size and thus cut off halfway by the size of the plugin. This means I am sometimes guessing... is that 1 satelite or 7... I'm sorry, I don't have the ability to do a screenshot as I am travelling. I suspect the issue could be solved if the (status) icon is larger for this kind of screen size. (guessing)

(Note I believe the HTC Touch HD has XVGA and its GPS performance could certainly use this plugin as I understand from their owners)

Performance:
Great! (I am using original ROM and Radio, see signature) It picks up satelites almost immediately and this overcomes the slow searching and fixing that other programs use. I've used a few GPS programs to test them out. Both regular car GPS software like Tom Tom and my favourite Route66 as well as off-road software like GPS Tuner... It works great with all and I would advice this clean (low memory) software to any HTC Touch Pro user... (even with the small sized Today plugin as it is)

Let me know when this can be fixed in an update... or if there is another way for us (HTC Touch Pro users) to fix this ourselves?

Anyone else has a fix/suggestion?

Thanks,
HTC Touch Pro T7272

PPC Windows Mobile 6.1 Prof.
CE OS 5.2.19965 (Build 19965.1.2.3)

Processor: MSM7201a-528MHz Qualcomm(R) 7201A
ROM: 1.90.405.1 WWE 08/01/08
Radio: 1.02.25.19
Protocol: 52.33.25.17U

16 GB SDHC Sandisk

Route 66 Mobile 8 WM Australia 8.0.4582 (15203)

TomTom 7.910 (9185) no maps yet (help!)

Interested in any GPS program with maps for Asian countries (in English if possible).