View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Baffles
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: BAF GPS Toggle, v1.9 [Updated 7/23]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Baffles: Your program was working great for me with DCD 3.2.5, and Radio 3.42.30.

However I just upgraded to the newest radio, 3.42.50. Now it no longer seems to function. I enable it, and it just stays at SEEK (0) forever. If I launch google maps, it syncs up fine in the usual amount of time, and then if I quit google maps, GPS Toggle reports connection to GPS and displays lock like usual.

So it's like the GPS Toggle isnt' being able to initialize GPS anymore with the newest radio. Another user reported this as well and he switched to Astro's GPS Launcher.
Here is the link to the new radio http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=415364
and the comments re: this etc.

I was also curious as to your thoughts on Astro's GPS Launcher vs. your software etc. Thanks in advance!
I no longer have a working Titan to test on, as mine locks up after a few minutes. To test I would have to be very quick to see what happens before it locks up. That definitely is peculiar though because there is absolutely no reason it shouldn't work, as I am following standard Windows Mobile conventions for interaction with GPS device.

Astro GPS launcher and my GPS Toggler are fundamentally different, one enables GPS until you kill it, the other just enables it for one app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I absolutely love your toggle but with the new M2D themes it would be great if you could create a shortcut to either be implemented on the Today tab or a shortcut for the Programs tab.

Thanks,
Steve
To do that would require a whole new program, this is specifically a today screen plugin, so can't really launch it externally.

I thought these days there was some QPST change or something that removed the need for a primer? At least I thought I heard that someplace...

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.